View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laffingman
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Xfree problem on 2.6 Reply with quote

Hey all , i emerged xfree yesterday after gdm crashing repetedly after installing and configuring alsa on a 2.6 kernel. Im getting the following error messages:
Code:

Required Symbol GlxSetVisualConfigs from module /usr/X11r6/lib/modules/drivers/sis_drv.o is unresolved
Symbol __glXAciveScreens from module /usr/X11R6/lib/extensions/libdri.a is unresolved
Symbol __glXAciveScreens from module /usr/X11R6/lib/extensions/libdri.a is unresolved

I tried to insmod both of the modules, and they came back with a -1 error, invalid module format.

Thanks so much for all your help
Laffin
Kraymer
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: update modules-init-tools Reply with quote

Did you just upgrade from 2.4.xx to 2.6.x?
Make sure you have a current version of the modules-init-tools-package (see /usr/src/linux/Documentation/Changes) or even better compile the stuff you need directly into the kernel, at least the modules-loading errors will disappear; if it's a hardware thing your kernel would give you a message about failing, I guess.
Sorry, I don't know what errornr. -1 means..

Sebastian
_Nomad_
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you remove the filter-flags option from the ebuild? I get similar errors when compiling xfree with -fPIC option... Could that be the reason?

Otherwise I don't know, bu it most likely has something to do with your cflags...
Laffingman
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

ok Ill take a look at this. Yea, im running 2.6, and i think almost all of my modules are compiled into the kernel. But which cfflags are you talking about?? maybe give me a example, mine is the standard -omit-frame-pointer i think. Thanks so much for all your help guys

Laff
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: