Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Where is /dev/agpgart in kernel 2.6.2-gentoo-r1?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
endpoint
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Where is /dev/agpgart in kernel 2.6.2-gentoo-r1? Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm trying to load gentoo on an amd64 system with an asus k8v mb. I have an ATI Radeon 9800 video card that I'm trying to have working when I'm done. I've followed the installation instructions and am at the point where I'm manually compiling my kernel. Using Joffer's Howto in this forum I am trying to enable Enhanced Real Time Clock, Direct Rendering Manager and /dev/agpgart with my chipset. The trouble is that I'm not finding the /dev/agpgart option under Device Drivers->Character devices where I'd expect it. Do I have to enable something else for this option to appear? Or has it been moved or removed? I'm using menuconfig after emerging gentoo-dev-sources. The version is 2.6.2-gentoo-r1. If I haven't provided enough info just let me know and I'll give you what I can.

The other thing is that I can't select Device Drivers-->Plug and Play support at all. And I haven't found an option anywhere that has to do with agp. Should there be something under Bus Options?

Thanks
endpoint
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be automatically selected as CONFIG_AGP=y and CONFIG_AGP_AMD64=y in my .config file without my selecting any options.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: