View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aminal
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject: Serious gnome issues Reply with quote

Apparently something is terrnibly wrong with libgnomeui because it's had an issue with 3 packages so far while trying to emerge gnome. The first was ggv, which apparently had a patch released, but now it fails out one me with both nautilus-media-0.3.3.1 and gedit 2.4.1.

I tried getting around gedit by using the ebuild for gedit-2.6, but apparently all gnome 2.6 bilds have been masked due to gnomes servers being compromised (according to the package.mask file)

So I did and emerge sync again, and tried to emerge gnome. For some reason gedit-2.4.1 was moved further down the list of things to emerge in order so the emerge was going smoothly, until it got to nautilus-media-0.3.3.1, where it pooped out on me again.

All the errors look the same pretty much except for the package that its trying to build:

Code:

/usr/include/libgnomeui-2.0/libgnomeui/gnome-entry.h:61: error: syntax error before "GtkCombo"
/usr/include/libgnomeui-2.0/libgnomeui/gnome-entry.h:61: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
/usr/include/libgnomeui-2.0/libgnomeui/gnome-entry.h:65: error: syntax error before '}' token
/usr/include/libgnomeui-2.0/libgnomeui/gnome-entry.h:68: error: syntax error before "GtkComboClass"
/usr/include/libgnomeui-2.0/libgnomeui/gnome-entry.h:68: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
/usr/include/libgnomeui-2.0/libgnomeui/gnome-entry.h:76: error: syntax error before '}' token
In file included from /usr/include/libgnomeui-2.0/libgnomeui/libgnomeui.h:48,
from gnome-test.c:28:
/usr/include/libgnomeui-2.0/libgnomeui/gnome-entry.h:61: error: syntax error before "GtkCombo"
/usr/include/libgnomeui-2.0/libgnomeui/gnome-entry.h:76: error: syntax error before '}' token
/usr/include/libgnomeui-2.0/libgnomeui/gnome-entry.h:61: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
/usr/include/libgnomeui-2.0/libgnomeui/gnome-entry.h:65: error: syntax error before '}' token
/usr/include/libgnomeui-2.0/libgnomeui/gnome-entry.h:68: error: syntax error before "GtkComboClass"
/usr/include/libgnomeui-2.0/libgnomeui/gnome-entry.h:68: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
make[2]: *** [bonobo-test.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs...
make[2]: *** [gnome-test.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/nautilus-media-0.3.3.1/work/nautilus-media-0.3.3.1/audio-view'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/nautilus-media-0.3.3.1/work/nautilus-media-0.3.3.1'
make: *** [all Error 2

!!! ERROR: gnome-extra/nautilus-media-0.3.3.1 failed.
!!! Function gnome2_src_compile, :ine 39, Exitcode 2
!!! compile failure

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do here. Do I just put off the install and wait for a fix in portage? What is the normal procedure for this kind of thing?

Last edited by aminal on Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
agent_jdh
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out bugs.gentoo.org and see if there's something there, the hot-off-the-press fixes usually show up there first.

If there isn't anything there, you could file a bug report yourself.
aminal
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bug submitted. There seems to be a pretty big issue with the libgnomeui, theres about 10 other bug reports of other apps failing to build due to this. I guess I don't get to finish my install until it's taken care of :(
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: