Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Lila Theme Official Thread (Part 1)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 41, 42, 43  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hachre
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW the theme rocks...

When its done it should be released in several color tones... Since its svg it is easy to change them...

How about

- Purple (what we currently have)
- Dark Blue
- Light Blue
- Orange
- Dark Green
- Light Green
- Dark Red
- Light Red
- Grey
- Silver

That would definitly rock :D
ColombianJoker
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Prerendered PNG icons Reply with quote

How do I get "running" these icons on KDE 3.2.1 with SVG icon support? Wasp and Korilla SVG icons do show in my desktop... LilaSVG do not!

How do I get prerendered 64x64 and 48x48 PNG icons if SVG KDE icons are not possible?
devusb
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made an icon for gtetrinet...my first shot at inkscape, so don't be too hard on me. ;)
http://devusb.us/~mhelton/gtetrinet.svg

Edit: was having same transparency problem as below, fixed :)

Last edited by devusb on Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Archamede
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted a bit earlier about a psi icon I made (my favorite jabber client), and I was having trouble with it being slightly transparent...

I'm still not sure what the cause was, but I found a workaround for it... just edit the file in a text editor (since it's just xml). If you are getting this problem, just look for something that starts with
Quote:
<path
and delete the part that says
Quote:
fill-opacity:0.75;
there are probably several of these...

I'm gonna try making an icon in Sodipodi to see if I still get the problem.

Here's the finished version of this icon... how does it look?

http://ucsc.davea.net/psi.html
dgt84
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the icons everyone is submiting! :)

Just wanted to also mention that Inkscape 0.38 is officially out (though the official announcement is waiting for the package creators so that rpms, exes, debs, etc are available). It has a lot of neat new features, so make sure to update!
telex4
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Prerendered PNG icons Reply with quote

ColombianJoker wrote:
How do I get "running" these icons on KDE 3.2.1 with SVG icon support? Wasp and Korilla SVG icons do show in my desktop... LilaSVG do not!

How do I get prerendered 64x64 and 48x48 PNG icons if SVG KDE icons are not possible?

Download the KDE pack I made (link in the first post of the thread) , unpack the archive, cd into it and run the python script "generate.py".

Hopefully they'll sort out SVG support soon :roll:

Also, for those requesting icons, I've done a Firefox icon, amongst others... I'll make another release in a week or two :)
bkeil
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: Some more new icons Reply with quote

I have placed on my website http://office.speaker-hearer.com/~bkeil/lila two new icons:

gnome-settings-theme
galeon

I didn't use the standard globe colors on the galeon because it made the icon too hard to recognize in the menu. I was wondering if it's better to use the established green for the wrap around arrow, or to use yellow (good with purple) like the actual/official Galeon icon.
dgt84
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I'd announce a version bump on the GNOME Theme, which is now at version 0.3.
I've tried to add most of the icons submitted to the forum here and the new ones that telex4 made in the KDE theme (although I didn't get all of them). All the symbollic links are now also relative, sorry that took so long!

Also, I've added the XMMS theme to my original post so it gets more exposure (with the rest of the themes).
scaba
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi folks,

maybe i'm dumb, but i couldn't find the ebuild anywhere. not in this thread nor on 'programmer-art.org'
could someone kindly point me to it? thanks.
dvc5
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scaba wrote:
hi folks,

maybe i'm dumb, but i couldn't find the ebuild anywhere. not in this thread nor on 'programmer-art.org'
could someone kindly point me to it? thanks.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the ebuild is still a work in progress. Hopefully it will be available soon. :roll:

Green Is Good
dgt84
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was an ebuild for the original versions of the GNOME and GTK themes. It is now, however, out of date and the dependencies were wrong. We should have a new one soon which should be more up to date (an have correct deps and such so that it gets into portage). If you still really want to see the ebuild, search for lila on https://bugs.gentoo.org
telex4
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dgt84, just so you know, I contacted freedesktop.org and we got an offer for some cvs space under a "cross toolkit development" project (because we'd be developing a cross-platform icon theme). We should get CVS access sometime soon :)

I't'd be good to work out how we'd do this in the meantime though. Both to justify our CVS space and to make things easier, we ought to work out a way of sharing one base set of icons, but being able to convert filenames between desktops. I've been thinking of ways to do this:

1) Have all of the icons in a generic naming scheme (e.g. actions/1.svg, actions/2.svg) and two scripts that convert into KDE and GNOME respectively. This would be nicely desktop agnostic, though it might become a pain.

2) Pick one DE, use that naming scheme exclusively, and have one script to convert to the other DE(s). This would be really hard, as I'd imagine KDE, GNOME and other DEs will all have icons exclusive to themselves.

3) We each continue as we've done so far, maintain descritptive changelogs (e.g. "actions/kopete_away.svg => Away status icon"), and keep copying icons between CVS modules

Number (3) might be easiest, but then it'd be really good if people here could think of a good solution to the naming problem. It could turn into an interesting freedesktop.org project, because it'd be really good if eventually you could just use "desktop icon themes" rather than having to port between DEs.
ColombianJoker
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Could not render SVG icons to PNG Reply with quote

Pythos script reported could not find SVG to PNG renderer application. I don't want to install GTK dependent applications like Sodipodi or Ink-something-.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance...
spb
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the naming problem, it might be possible to give the 'shared' icons (those that are used in both KDE and Gnome, eg folder, home, etc.) some kind of DE-agnostic name, and then maintain a text file that maps those names to kde/gnome specific names. Then the DE-specific icons can go in their own folder specific to the desktop. Kind of like (1), really, but an ebuild should be able to generate each set depending on USE flags. The thing here is that you'd only need one script to generate each set, and you should be able to add support for other DEs by adding another 'map' file and a few specific icons. Just a thought.
telex4
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Could not render SVG icons to PNG Reply with quote

ColombianJoker wrote:
Pythos script reported could not find SVG to PNG renderer application. I don't want to install GTK dependent applications like Sodipodi or Ink-something-.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance...

You can install rsvg which will also work.
MighMoS
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a nice 'other' icon, similar to the default one...but home made and SVGed: http://mighmos.hopto.org/~adam/Pictures/Lila/gnome-other.svg

enjoy!

localhost # export HOME=`which heart`

Last edited by MighMoS on Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
KToriyama
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done some quick hacking to a Industrial-Gentoo theme I found on art.gnome.org, and viola! It is Lila-cized. http://www.geocities.com/konidatoriyama/Industrial-Gentoo.tar.gz. Some help with the gtk-1.2 them would be appreciated, but I hardly use gtk-1.2.

[EDIT]
Seems I had posted the wrong link. Sorry bout that.

Last edited by KToriyama on Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
9-speed
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: xfwm4 theme Reply with quote

Hi all, I made a xfwm4 theme from the metacity Gorrila theme when using lila colors. So all of you xfce users who like the Gorilla window borders can have it in Lila colors now!!

Get it here: http://stief.tnux.net/Lila-xfwm4-0.2.tar.gz

Just extract the archive to /usr/share/xfwm4/themes/ and select it in the window manager settings window.

Last edited by 9-speed on Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
KToriyama
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way thanks for putting my xmms theme on the first page. Any suggestions on how to improve it?
MighMoS
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gftp kept sticking out, so I made a gftp icon, at http://mighmos.hopto.org/~adam/Pictures/Lila/gftp.svg

Last edited by MighMoS on Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
dgt84
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been slaving away trying to make a functional ebuild all morning, and here are my results:
http://programmer-art.org/files/gentoo/lila-artwork-0.2.ebuild
To use it, put it in your overlay under x11-themes/lila-artwork/lila-artwork-0.2.ebuild and then emerge --digest lila-artwork.
It has USE flags for gtk, gnome, gdm, kde, xfce, and xmms, so be sure to set the ones you want. The only one that doesn't work at the moment is the kde USE flag, because I can't find a link to the kde tarball on kdelook.org (their download link is a php file, and it doesn't send me the file right or something; telex4, I need your help on this!).
Please, take a look at the deps, tell me if they are right/wrong/missing/whatever, and when the kde theme is working I will submit the ebuild to bugs.gentoo.org.

EDIT: Just noticed also Inkscape 0.38.1 is out. I haven't tested yet but a bug that caused segmentation faults when printing is supposed to be fixed (and I submitted a bug report for it, hehe).

Also, I've edited the gftp icon somewhat and put it in my copy. It will be in the next release.
MighMoS
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I have a link to this new an improved gftp icon?

Also, in your ebuild, somewhere uptop you may want to add
Code:
RESTRICT="nomirror"
so that it doesn't try to hit the gentoo servers for it. Also, I believe your version numbers are wrong for lila-icons and lila-gtk, so those don't get installed.

dgt84
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'm a bit of a klutz... Thanks for pointing that stuff in the ebuild out. I've updated it and now it should work fine.
I don't know if I would call the gftp icon improved, I just thought it was a bit too dark and hard to tell the file from the stream of bits. Anyway, get it here.

EDIT: Damn, I never did answer you telex4. I think we need to go with a generic name and use scripts (I would prefer python, but bash is fine). That way other DE/WM and apps like seperate file managers and such can easily get their own themes through a small script. This does have the potential to open up "desktop themes," and I am all for it. If we do this we need to define a standard way to name the icons (like apps/name mime/type, which already sounds similar to KDE and GNOME, but would differ slightly). I wonder if it would be a good idea to just install all the icons in some dir and have the seperate themes be symlinks...

Last edited by dgt84 on Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
MighMoS
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...that's what I was going for... :wink:

scaba
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dgt84 wrote:
I've been slaving away trying to make a functional ebuild all morning, and here are my results:
http://programmer-art.org/files/gentoo/lila-artwork-0.2.ebuild

thanks a lot. i'm gonna try it tonight.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 8 of 43

Jump to: