View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joejag
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: AverMedia DVB-T Reply with quote

Hi,

I've got a stable 2.6.2 kernel and I also have an AverMedia DVB-T card in it, lspci gives me the following:

02:08.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video Capture (rev 11)
02:08.1 Multimedia controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Audio Capture (rev 11)

From searching the forums I've seen many people use the "bttv" module which seems to be a 2.4 kernel module. Under the DVB items in the 2.6 kernel there is a section for "Supported BT878 Adapters" but then it doesn't seem to list any.

Could someone please tell me if it's possible to get this card working on a 2.6 kernel and if so the steps they did to do this.

Thanks,
Joe
joejag
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guess not then :(
riksta
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.linuxtv.org/mailinglists/linux-dvb/2004/01-2004/msg00823.html

I hope this helps you mate :)
joejag
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, I'll give that a shot!
riksta
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just bought my card and im still in the middle of setting it up.

I have used that guide which helped me a bit....but here are a few other points to note

If you are running a 2.6 kernel with SYSFS (or udev) then the drivers wont work as it doesnt know how to create the /dev/dvb/ nodes. You must disable UDEV support from the kernel so that it uses normal DEVFSD support on boot

Also (assuming you run 2.6 kernel), when you try to compile things with the DVB flag such as MYTHTV XINE etc, portage will report a dependency called "media-tv/linuxtv-dvb" this is NOT needed for 2.6 kernels as the drivers are in the source tree now. To avoid it moaning at this problem, pretend to portage that you already installed it.

Code:
emerge --inject media-tv/linuxtv-dvb-1.0.1

or alternatively (be careful there are no other deps) stop the package from emerging linuxtv-dvb as a dependancy..... eg

Code:
emerge media-libs/libdvb --nodeps

then you must download the linuxtv-dvb package yourself and go into the apps directory and make each application you will need (PROBABLY the following: scan & szap) and copy them to a bin directory in your path such as /usr/bin

If you still fail to get mythtv to compile you'll need to do a bit of a hack, i dont know how naughty it is to do this :) ...but i had to

Code:

mkdir /usr/include/linux/dvb
cp /usr/src/linux/include/dvb/* /usr/include/linux/dvb/

I hope this is of some use to you...and others with a AverMedia DVB-T card.... i can tell you that i have got mine working to the stage where i can view channels and listen to the sound perfectly through mplayer...so everything is 100% working

Now im just trying to set up mythtv with DVB....ill update you if there are any problems i come across, and how or IF :) i solve them

Rick
herbo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The aver dvb-t card works great under Linux (I live in Australia and cant get HD to work, but thats another story..)

With regards to udev, you do NOT need devfsd, I run a UDEV only system and it works fine. The linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1 package comes with a MAKEDEV-DVB.sh script, which will create the nodes for you. (see http://linuxtv.org/download/dvb/)

BTW: the best software I found to use is GXINE (Xine-ui has no video for some wierd reason), xine comes with native support for dvb if the channels.conf exists in your .xine directory. GXINE has the easiest way of changing channels and not having to run "tzap -r "...." and redirecting dvr0 to mplayer.

I also tired setting up mythtv, but gave up for the moment (tis too much work). I just hope tvtime comes out with DVB support soon :)
riksta
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the UDEV tip,

Yeah i really hope tvtime does come up with DVB support, tvtime i used all the time with my old bt848 card.

As for mythtv, ive got it going with 5 standard channels (im too lazy to add the rest yet)....but any channel with QAM64 is breaking up immediately and bombing out with mpeg2video codec errors :(
joejag
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: trying here Reply with quote

Right, I just downloaded:

linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1
linuxtv-dvb--apps-1.1.0

I've downloaded the firmware package and emerge'd cabextract. After unzipping the firmware package it gives me a directory structure based off a "WinXP" dir. Though every .cab file I try to use gives me an error along the lines of:

Code:

Extracting cabinet: data3.cab
data3.cab: not a Microsoft cabinet file.

So which cab file has the firmware in? I'm assuming it ends in .fw but that's just a guess too, what is the filename of the firmware?

I'm running a 2.6.6rc1 kernel too and according to the setup guides

Quote:
Linux 2.6.x:
The DVB drivers are already included in Linux 2.6.x, so you usually
don't need this package. What you will need, hwoever, is firmware.
see below.

and the README.btt8xxx says:

Quote:
For 2.6, you don't need the latest bttv driver, everything is in
the kernel drivers. Please use 2.6.1 and above.

Build and intsall the driver like described in README.

so I used the makefile in "linux-dvb-1.1.1" and is said to use

Code:
The driver was built in /home/joe/dvb/linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1/build-2.6. Please use

/home/joe/dvb/linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1/build-2.6/insmod.sh or
/home/joe/dvb/linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1/build-2.6/insmod-bt8xx.sh

But when I go to build2.6 there is an insmod script but no insmod-bt8xxx script at all. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help,
Joe
joejag
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to get the firmware called "sc_main.mc" off my Windows friend so I don't have to worry about that one anymore though I'm still unsure how to continue as I don't have the insmod script the dvb set said I should have.

Thoughts?

J.
joejag
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I noticed that the build2.4 directory contains the ./insmod-btxx script so I copied that to the build2.6 directory though when I try to run it I get

Code:
Inserting DVB modules into kernelinsmod: can't read 'videodev.o': No such file or directory
insmod: can't read 'bttv.o': No such file or directory
insmod: error inserting './dvb-core.o': -1 Invalid module format
insmod: can't read './v4l1-compat.o': No such file or directory
insmod: can't read './v4l2-common.o': No such file or directory
insmod: can't read './video-buf.o': No such file or directory
insmod: error inserting './nxt6000.o': -1 Invalid module format
insmod: error inserting './cx24110.o': -1 Invalid module format
insmod: error inserting './sp887x.o': -1 Invalid module format
insmod: error inserting './dst.o': -1 Invalid module format
insmod: can't read './bt878.o': No such file or directory
insmod: can't read './dvb-bt8xx.o': No such file or directory

Though the make I did in the build2.6 directory does contain these files. I have no clue what to do now. I do have hotplug compiled in my kernel :/

J.
riksta
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no there is an ./insmod.sh in the build2.6 directory.....

but really, i wouldnt use any of this

delete all that dvb stuff, and rm -rf /lib/modules/yourkernel

them just emerge gentoo-dev-sources ... compile the modules (AS GIVEN IN POST BELOW) that already patched into the kernel, exit menuconfig and do

make && make modules_install ...and install the kernel to your boot loader and reboot

Last edited by riksta on Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:37 am; edited 2 times in total
riksta
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here are the modules you need to enable in 'make menuconfig' (!!NOTE!! if you dont include ALL these, no driver shows for the BT878 card in the DVB section!)

under device drivers/multimedia drivers/video for linux
Code:

x x              <M> BT848 Video For Linux                                                           x x 
  x x              < > Mediavision Pro Movie Studio Video For Linux                                    x x 
  x x              < > CPiA Video For Linux                                                            x x 
  x x              < > SAA5246A Teletext processor                                                     x x 
  x x              < > SAA5249 Teletext processor                                                      x x 
  x x              < > SAB3036 tuner                                                                   x x 
  x x              < > Stradis 4:2:2 MPEG-2 video driver  (EXPERIMENTAL)                               x x 
  x x              < > Zoran ZR36057/36067 Video For Linux                                             x x 
  x x              < > Sony Vaio Picturebook Motion Eye Video For Linux (EXPERIMENTAL)                 x x 
  x x              < > Philips SAA7134 support                                                         x x 
  x x              < > Siemens-Nixdorf 'Multimedia eXtension Board'                                    x x 
  x x              < > Philips-Semiconductors 'dpc7146 demonstration board'                            x x 
  x x              < > Hexium HV-PCI6 and Orion frame grabber                                          x x 
  x x              < > Hexium Gemini frame grabber                                                     x x 
  x x              <M> Conexant 2388x (bt878 successor) support                                        x x 

under device drivers/character devices/infra-red remote control
Code:

x x                     <M> Linux InfraRed Controller                        x x 
  x x                     (2)   Maximum LIRC devices                           x x 
  x x                     < >   I2C Driver                                     x x 
  x x                     <M>   GPIO Driver                                    x x 
  x x                     < >   BT829 Driver                                   x x 
  x x                     < >   IT87 Driver                                    x x 
  x x                     < >   ATI USB Driver                                 x x 
  x x                     < >   MCE USB Driver                                 x x 
  x x                     < >   Serial Driver                                  x x 
  x x                     < >   SIR Driver                                     x x 

Under device drivers/i2c support
Code:

x x               <M> I2C support                                            x x 
  x x               <M>   I2C device interface                                 x x 
  x x                     I2C Algorithms  --->                                 x x 
  x x                     I2C Hardware Bus support  --->                       x x 
  x x                     Hardware Sensors Chip support  --->                  x x 
  x x                     Other I2C Chip support  --->                         x x 
  x x               [ ]   I2C Core debugging messages                          x x 
  x x               [ ]   I2C Algorithm debugging messages                     x x 
  x x               [ ]   I2C Bus debugging messages                           x x 
  x x               [ ]   I2C Chip debugging messages                          x x 

Under device drivers/i2c support/i2c algorithms
Code:

x x                     --- I2C bit-banging interfaces                       x x 
  x x                     <M> I2C PCF 8584 interfaces                          x x 

Under device drivers/multimedia devices
Code:

x x              <M> Video For Linux                                         x x 
  x x                    Video For Linux  --->                                 x x 
  x x                    Radio Adapters  --->                                  x x 
  x x                  Digital Video Broadcasting Devices  --->                x x 

Under device drivers/multimedia devices/Digital Video Broadcasting Devices
Code:

x x[*] DVB For Linux                                                        x x 
  x x<M>   DVB Core Support                                                   x x 
  x x---   Supported Frontend Modules                                         x x 
  x x< > TWINHAN DST based DVB-S frontend (QPSK)                              x x 
  x x< > STV0299 based DVB-S frontend (QPSK)                                  x x 
  x x<M> Frontends with sp887x demodulators, e.g. Microtune DTF7072           x x 
  x x(/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/sc_main.mc) Full pathname of sp887x firmware fx x 
  x x< > Alps TDLB7 (OFDM)                                                    x x 
  x x< > Alps TDMB7 (OFDM)                                                    x x 
  x x< > Atmel AT76C651 (QAM)                                                 x x 
  x x< > Frontends with Connexant CX24110 demodulator (QPSK)                  x x 
  x x< > Grundig 29504-491 (QPSK)                                             x x 
  x x< > Grundig 29504-401 (OFDM)                                             x x 
  x x< > Zarlink MT312 Satellite Channel Decoder (QPSK)                       x x 
  x x< > Frontends with external VES1820 demodulator (QAM)                    x x 
  x x< > Frontends with VES1893 or VES1993 demodulator (QPSK)                 x x 
  x x< > Frontends with external TDA10045H or TDA10046H demodulators (OFDM)   x x 
  x x< > Frontends with NxtWave Communications NXT6000 demodulator (OFDM)     x x 
  x x--- Supported SAA7146 based PCI Adapters                                 x x 
  x x< > AV7110 cards                                                         x x 
  x x< > Budget cards                                                         x x 
  x x< > Budget cards with onboard CI connector                               x x 
  x x< > Budget cards with analog video inputs                                x x 
  x x--- Supported USB Adapters                                               x x 
  x x< > Technotrend/Hauppauge Nova-USB devices                               x x 
  x x< > Technotrend/Hauppauge USB DEC devices                                x x 
  x x--- Supported FlexCopII (B2C2) Adapters                                  x x 
  x x< > Technisat Skystar2 PCI                                               x x 
  x x--- Supported BT878 Adapters                                             x x 
  x x<M> Nebula/Pinnacle PCTV PCI cards                                       x x 

Now once you compile as mentioned above and reboot, just type

Code:

modprobe bttv card=0x68           <<(this makes it a NEBULA type as thats what this card is a clone of)
modprobe bt878
modprobe dvb_bt8xx
modprobe sp887x
modprobe lirc_gpio gpio_mask=0xf00f0 gpio_lock_mask=0x20 gpio_xor_mask=0xf00f0 soft_gap=0 sample_rate=10

^^^ !!NOTE!! these gpio paramaters are very important and cannot be missed out, they tell lirc_gpio the params it needs to get the remote to work

Once modules are loaded 'dmesg' should show:

Code:

Linux video capture interface: v1.00
bttv: driver version 0.9.12 loaded
bttv: using 8 buffers with 2080k (520 pages) each for capture
bttv: Bt8xx card found (0).
bttv0: Bt878 (rev 17) at 0000:01:07.0, irq: 5, latency: 32, mmio: 0xe4000000
bttv0: subsystem: 1461:0761 (UNKNOWN)
please mail id, board name and the correct card= insmod option to kraxel@bytesex.org     

^^ note that i contacted this dude and our AverTV DVB-T is now included in the new set of drivers, but for now it doesnt matter!!!

bttv0: using: Nebula Electronics DigiTV [card=104,insmod option]
bttv0: gpio: en=00000000, out=00000000 in=009d008d [init]
bttv0: using tuner=-1
bttv0: registered device video0
bttv0: registered device vbi0
bttv0: PLL: 28636363 => 35468950 .. ok
bttv0: add subdevice "dvb0"
bt878: AUDIO driver version 0.0.0 loaded
bt878: Bt878 AUDIO function found (0).
bt878(0): Bt878 (rev 17) at 01:07.1, irq: 5, latency: 32, memory: 0xe4001000
attach: checking "bt878 #0 [sw]"
find by pci: checking "bt878 #0 [sw]"
attach: "bt878 #0 [sw]", to card 0
DVB: registering new adapter (Ave).
DVB: registering frontend 0:0 (Microtune MT7202DTF)...
lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, at major 61
lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin:sample_rate: 10
lirc_gpio (0): driver registered

And there you go!! hope this helps you....cause it took me a while to do :P

Enjoy DVB :D

PS. I might write a full howto when i have some time but i have exams at the moment

Last edited by riksta on Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
joejag
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help, that looks like all I need to know, one problem though :)

I emerge'd a fresh gentoo-dev-sources kernel which has given me a 2.6.5-gentoo-r1 kernel and under the Linux InfraRed Controller I have these options:

Code:
x x                     <M> Linux InfraRed Controller                     
x x                     (2)   Maximum LIRC devices                   
x x                     < >   BT829 Driver                           
x x                     < >   IT87 Driver                               
x x                     < >   ATI USB Driver                           
x x                     < >   MCE USB Driver                       
x x                     < >   Serial Driver                               
x x                     < >   SIR Driver                                     

So no:

Code:
x x                     < >   I2C Driver                                     x x
x x                     <M>   GPIO Driver                                    x x

The 2.6.6 kernel I had before didn't have the Liunux InfraRed Controller at all in it. I have managed to add every other kernel option nessecerry though like the i2c stuff, but I do not have access to add the GPIO Driver.

What kernel were you using when this option was made available to you?
joejag
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I solved the problem

I needed to add Video4Linux -> bt878 driver

Now I've rebooted and have the same dmesg as you do. Thing is I have no idea what to do from here, I tried playing with the scan utility from linuxtv but I didn't get much done. What do you do once the card is working?

When I did
Code:
./czap -c channels..oxford bbc-1

using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
  4 BBC-1:578000000:INVERSION_OFF:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_2K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_32:HIERARCHY_NONE:600:601
ERROR: cannot parse service data

I got this in dmesg:

Code:
i2c_adapter i2c-0: sendbytes: error - bailout.
sp887x_initial_setup: firmware upload... done.

I just noticed that I do not have lirc compiled through portage. Is this required to get the card working? I was assuming this is just for the remote and was in the kernel already, I'll give it a shot anyway

Thanks,
Joe

P.S. my dmesg:

Code:

Linux video capture interface: v1.00
bttv0: Bt878 (rev 17) at 0000:02:08.0, irq: 20, latency: 32, mmio: 0xda100000
please mail id, board name and the correct card= insmod option to kraxel@bytesex.org
bttv0: gpio: en=00000000, out=00000000 in=0098000d [init]
bttv0: PLL: 28636363 => 35468950 .. ok
bt878(0): Bt878 (rev 17) at 02:08.1, irq: 20, latency: 32, memory: 0xda101000
lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, at major 61

riksta
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be using tzap ..for dvb-T cards

Code:

mkdir ~/.tzap

then scan for all the channels from your transmitter and pipe them into a channels.conf file for use with tzap

Code:

./scan dvb-t/uk-MYTRANSMITTER > ~/.tzap/channels.conf

then try to lock onto a specific channel (first column of channels.conf - case SenSiTiVe!)

Code:

./tzap "BBC ONE"

Leave this tzap running in one terminal, and youll see if correct a FE_HAS_LOCK line each time

Then open up a new terminal and try and view the stream with dvbstream piped to mplayer as so

Code:

./dvbstream -o -ps -qam 16 -cr 3_4 600 601 | mplayer -

[/code]
riksta
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, i missed a section off, i have edited the post now to include the BTTV and BT878 part
riksta
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regards to lirc in portage, you need to emerge that too, it just installs the userland apps for lircd irw irxevent irremote etc

Do it like so

Code:

LIRC_OPTS='--with-driver=any' emerge lirc

Note it doesnt install any drivers because you do that manually via the kernel so the ebuild just skips the drivers make stage in portage.

Also if you email me rickNOSPAM at packetoverdose dottt com i will email you my sc_main.mc because it may be that your firmware isn't right.

Last edited by riksta on Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
riksta
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my /etc/lircd.conf

Code:

# Please make this file available to others
# by sending it to <lirc@bartelmus.de>
#
# this config file was automatically generated
# using lirc-0.7.0pre4(any) on Thu Apr 29 00:28:05 2004
#
# contributed by Richard Hamnett <rick@NOSPAMpacketoverdose.com>
#
# brand:  AverMedia
# model no. of remote control: AverTV DVB-T
# devices being controlled by this remote: AverTV DVB-T PCI Card
#

begin remote

name  lircd.conf
  bits            8
  eps            30
  aeps          100

one             0     0
  zero            0     0
  gap          199957
  toggle_bit      0

begin codes
          SOURCE                   0x000000000000007D
          TELETEXT                 0x00000000000000BD
          POWER                    0x00000000000000FD
          1                        0x0000000000000075
          2                        0x00000000000000B5
          3                        0x0000000000000035
          4                        0x000000000000006D
          5                        0x00000000000000AD
          6                        0x000000000000002D
          7                        0x0000000000000065
          8                        0x00000000000000A5
          9                        0x0000000000000025
          0                        0x000000000000005D
          AUDIO                    0x00000000000000ED
          FULLSCREEN               0x00000000000000E5
          DISPLAY                  0x000000000000009D
          LOOP                     0x000000000000001D
          PREVIEW                  0x00000000000000DD
          BACKWARD                 0x0000000000000055
          FORWARD                  0x0000000000000095
          CAPTURE                  0x0000000000000015
          MUTE                     0x00000000000000D5
          RECORD                   0x000000000000004D
          PAUSE                    0x000000000000008D
          STOP                     0x000000000000000D
          PLAY                     0x00000000000000CD
          VOL_DOWN                 0x0000000000000085
          VOL_UP                   0x0000000000000005
          CH_DOWN                  0x00000000000000B9
          CH_UP                    0x0000000000000039
          RED                      0x0000000000000045
          GREEN                    0x0000000000000079
          YELLOW                   0x00000000000000C5
          BLUE                     0x00000000000000F9
      end codes

end remote

And if you come to install mythtv ill show you my mostly finished ~/.lircrc

Code:

begin
    button = RED
    mode = cursor
end

begin
    button = GREEN
    mode = numeric
end

begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = CH_UP
    config = Key Up CurrentWindow
end

begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = CH_DOWN
    config = Key Down CurrentWindow
end

begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = YELLOW
    config = Key KP_Enter CurrentWindow
end

begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = BLUE
    config = Key Escape CurrentWindow
end

begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = Power
    config = Key Escape CurrentWindow
end

begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = Menu
    config = Key M CurrentWindow
end

begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = 0
    config = Key KP_0 CurrentWindow
end

begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = 1
    config = Key 1 CurrentWindow
end

begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = 3
    config = Key 3 CurrentWindow
end
begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = 5
    config = Key 5 CurrentWindow
end

begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = 7
    config = Key 7 CurrentWindow
end
begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = 9
    config = Key 9 CurrentWindow
end

begin
   prog = irxevent
   button = VOL_DOWN
   config = Key braceleft CurrentWindow
end

begin
   prog = irxevent
   button = VOL_UP
   config = Key braceright CurrentWindow
end

begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = BACKWARD
    config = Key Left CurrentWindow
end

begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = FORWARD
    config = Key Right CurrentWindow
end

begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = DISPLAY
    config = Key i CurrentWindow
end

begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = PREVIEW
    config = Key m CurrentWindow
end

###################
# CURSOR MODE START
###################
begin cursor

begin
            prog = irxevent
            button = 2
            config = Key Up CurrentWindow
        end

begin
            prog = irxevent
            button = 4
            config = Key Left CurrentWindow
        end

begin
            prog = irxevent
            button = 6
            config = Key Right CurrentWindow
        end

begin
            prog = irxevent
            button = 8
            config = Key Down CurrentWindow
        end

end cursor

####################
# NUMERIC MODE START
####################

begin numeric

begin
            prog = irxevent
            button = 2
            config = Key 2 CurrentWindow
        end

begin
            prog = irxevent
            button = 4
            config = Key 4 CurrentWindow
        end

begin
            prog = irxevent
            button = 6
            config = Key 6 CurrentWindow
        end

begin
            prog = irxevent
            button = 8
            config = Key 8 CurrentWindow
        end

end numeric

This is cool cause it allows you tou use the arrow keys on the 2,4,6,8 number buttons when in parts of mythtv, by pressing RED, and then you can go back to numberic mode by pressing GREEN
joejag
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I can see it's nearly there now.

Code:
status 1f | signal ffff | snr 8ba8 | ber 000002a5 | unc 00000000 | FE_HAS_LOCK
status 1f | signal ffff | snr 8978 | ber 000002c6 | unc 00000000 | FE_HAS_LOCK

One last problem is that I do not have the dvbstream program :/

Code:
./dvbstream -o -ps -qam 16 -cr 3_4 600 601 | mplayer -

I've made the apps and main part of the linuxtv drivers and I can't seem to locate the file in either. Where does this file come from?

Thanks again, we'll make this into an informative how to afterwards.

Joe
riksta
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.linuxstb.org/dvbstream/index.shtml
joejag
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha,

I was playing about with the CVS version and didn't realise there was a normal source version to download so I grabbed 0.5 from sourcforge.

Thing is when I go to the directory and type "make" it spits out error messages starting with

Code:
gcc -I ../DVB/include -g -Wall -O2 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -DNEWSTRUCT -c -o tune.o tune.c
tune.c:33:27: linux/dvb/dmx.h: No such file or directory
tune.c:34:32: linux/dvb/frontend.h: No such file or directory
In file included from tune.c:41:
tune.h:5:34: linux/dvb/frontend.h: No such file or directory
In file included from tune.h:25,
                 from tune.c:41:

And in the help file it does say

Quote:
Just type "make" to compile (you may need to change the path to the
DVB include files in the first line of the Makefile).

though the first lines are to the affect:

Code:
# Delete the following line if you are not using a
# "NEWSTRUCT" driver.  If you are using a "NEWSTRUCT"
# driver, it must be later than October 10th 2002

NEWSTRUCT=1

CC=gcc
CFLAGS =  -g -Wall -O2 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE
OBJS=dvbstream dumprtp ts_filter rtpfeed rtp.o

So I have no idea what line they want me to change but I'm sure it isn't the first one, what line should I change to get this to compile?

Thanks,
J
riksta
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

refer to my 3rd post

Quote:

If you still fail to get mythtv to compile you'll need to do a bit of a hack, i dont know how naughty it is to do this ...but i had to

Code:

mkdir /usr/include/linux/dvb
 cp /usr/src/linux/include/dvb/* /usr/include/linux/dvb/

joejag
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That did allow me to compile dvstream and the program seems to work. Though I cannot seem to use it to tune in yet :/ I am running tzap in another terminal and I've tried the way you recommended and a few others ways the readme suggests but every time I get output similar to below:

Code:
./dvbstream -o -ps -qam 16 -cr 3_4 600 601 | mplayer -cache 8189 -
dvbstream v0.5 - (C) Dave Chapman 2001-2004
Released under the GPL.
Latest version available from http://www.linuxstb.org/
Setting filter for PID 600
Setting filter for PID 601
Output to stdout
Streaming 2 streams
MPlayer 1.0pre4-3.3.2 (C) 2000-2004 MPlayer Team

CPU: Intel Pentium 4/Xeon/Celeron Foster 2540 MHz (Family: 8, Stepping: 4)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
MMX supported but disabled
MMX2 supported but disabled
SSE supported but disabled
SSE2 supported but disabled
CPUflags:  MMX: 0 MMX2: 0 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 0 SSE2: 0
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions:

Reading config file /usr/share/mplayer/mplayer.conf
Reading config file /root/.mplayer/config
Reading /root/.mplayer/codecs.conf: Can't open '/root/.mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or directory
Reading /usr/share/mplayer/codecs.conf: 66 audio & 176 video codecs
font: can't open file: /root/.mplayer/font/font.desc
Font /usr/share/mplayer/font/font.desc loaded successfully! (206 chars)
Using Linux hardware RTC timing (1024Hz).
Can't open input config file /root/.mplayer/input.conf: No such file or directory
Input config file /usr/share/mplayer/input.conf parsed: 53 binds

Playing -.
Reading from stdin...
Cache fill:  0.00% (0 bytes)

dmesg also says:

Code:

Which appears to be good news I guess. Any idea, or recommendations on other players that I can use to test it? I've tried gxine and copyed channels.conf into the .gxine dir but that just comes back with an error each time I try.

Thanks,
J.
herbo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mplayer is messy when exiting, make no sure other mplayer processes are running (ie ps -ef | grep mplayer).

Also the latest mplayer (MPlayer 1.0pre4-r1) and xine (xine-ui = 0.99.1 and the latest xine-libs from BMG - 20040408) should be able to view dvb channels without tzap, with commands like this:

- xine "dvb://Nine Digital HD" (for example) or
- mplayer "dvb://Nine Digital HD"

Assuming the channels.conf exists in the .xine and .mplayer dirs.

What error does gxine give you? I have huge problems running xine/totem/mplayer etc.. with XV extensions, I have to run use x11 else the player crashes. (e.g mplayer -vo x11 "dvb://Nine Digital HD")
Skyvalley
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! and thx for all the great inputs! But I'm still having problems with my card.
I run Gentoo with 2.6.5 kernel.
Here is my dmesg:
Code:

PCI: Found IRQ 11 for device 0000:00:0b.0
PCI: Sharing IRQ 11 with 0000:00:07.2
PCI: Sharing IRQ 11 with 0000:00:0b.1
bttv0: Bt878 (rev 17) at 0000:00:0b.0, irq: 11, latency: 32, mmio: 0xe0001000
bttv0: gpio: en=00000000, out=00000000 in=009f00cd [init]
bttv0: PLL: 28636363 => 35468950 . ok
PCI: Found IRQ 11 for device 0000:00:0b.1
PCI: Sharing IRQ 11 with 0000:00:07.2
PCI: Sharing IRQ 11 with 0000:00:0b.0
bt878(0): Bt878 (rev 17) at 00:0b.1, irq: 11, latency: 32, memory: 0xe0002000

...and when i run ./scan dvb-t/se-Gavle i'll get:
Code:

i2c_adapter i2c-1: sendbytes: error - bailout.

and
Code:

scanning dvb-t/se-Gavle
using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
Frontend can not do INVERSION_AUTO, trying INVERSION_OFF instead
initial transponder 674000000 0 2 0 3 1 2 0
initial transponder 498000000 0 2 0 3 1 2 0
initial transponder 562000000 0 2 0 3 1 2 0
initial transponder 706000000 0 2 0 3 1 2 0
>>> tune to: 674000000:INVERSION_OFF:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_8:HIERARCHY_NONE
WARNING: >>> tuning failed!!!
>>> tune to: 674000000:INVERSION_OFF:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_8:HIERARCHY_NONE (tuning failed)
>>> tune to: 498000000:INVERSION_OFF:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_8:HIERARCHY_NONE
>>> tune to: 498000000:INVERSION_OFF:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_8:HIERARCHY_NONE (tuning failed)
>>> tune to: 562000000:INVERSION_OFF:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_8:HIERARCHY_NONE
>>> tune to: 562000000:INVERSION_OFF:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_8:HIERARCHY_NONE (tuning failed)
>>> tune to: 706000000:INVERSION_OFF:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_8:HIERARCHY_NONE
>>> tune to: 706000000:INVERSION_OFF:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_8:HIERARCHY_NONE (tuning failed)
ERROR: initial tuning failed
dumping lists (0 services)
Done.

Thanx!!!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: