Help with HTPC!!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TJ0214
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Help with HTPC!! Reply with quote

Ok thanks to alot of you I am now on my "emerge system" on my first try at a stage 1 install. So far so good but I have a few questions before I proceed!

From the experience of some of the HTPC users is there anything I want to add or install on my journey through this install that will make my life easier when setting up the HTPC side of my gentoo machine?

I am planning on using Mythtv!

Thanks!
smith84594
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with HTPC!! Reply with quote

TJ0214 wrote:
Ok thanks to alot of you I am now on my "emerge system" on my first try at a stage 1 install. So far so good but I have a few questions before I proceed!

From the experience of some of the HTPC users is there anything I want to add or install on my journey through this install that will make my life easier when setting up the HTPC side of my gentoo machine?

I am planning on using Mythtv!

Thanks!

Make sure you set your use flags right - I set them wrong the first time and I had to re-emerge my qt libraries - fun times...

My use flags (on top of defaults):

USE="mysql alsa acpi dvd fam gnome gtk2 mmx opengl sse X xinerama xv -kde -arts -apm"

(I'm obviously using gnome, so change your flags accordingly to fit your DE)

Also, what type of TV tuner are you using? If you have a pvr-250 and want to use the gentoo-dev-sources (I do, and I highly reccomend it), You have to jump through some hoops to get the kernel compiled correctly -

Here's an earlier post where I descrbe how to get the IVTV drivers up and running in gentoo:

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=145695&highlight=pvr250+howto
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: