Problems with it87 in 2.6.4-mm1
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mugurelu
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Problems with it87 in 2.6.4-mm1 Reply with quote

I've just upgraded to 2.6.4-mm1 and now my sensors dosn't work. More exacly, when I try to load it87 module, it says "unknown parameter temp_type".

The problem is that until 2.6.4, I've allways passed as a parameter temp_type=0x1c, otherwise my temperatures are read totally wrong.

Now, at 2.6.4, it seems to have changed. If I insert the module whithout that parameter, it does not read anything.

Is anyone experiencing a similar problem ?
razorback
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've noticed the same thing. The temp_type module parameter has been eliminated. The it87 module is definitely going through some major changes. With development-sources-2.6.4 and ck-sources-2.6.4-ck1 the temp_type is set in the /sys/bus/i2c/devices/<chip> directory with sensor1,sensor2 and sensor3 entries. However, with the latest 2.6.5 kernels these entries have been changed to temp1_type,temp2_type and temp3_type respectively. The sensorX values can easily be changed with an "echo" command. I have not found a way to change the tempX_type values.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: