Emerge Update - Network-less
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lousyd
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Emerge Update - Network-less Reply with quote

I'm trying to 'emerge --update world' on my non-network connected computer. I got and installed a fresh copy of the portage tree, and then ran 'emerge --update world -f 2> files.txt'. I then went through files.txt and cleaned it up, leaving only the URLs of the packages I need. Then I went to an Internet-connected computer and retrieved all of these files. I put the files in "/usr/portage/distfiles" and ran the 'emerge --update world'.

It didn't work. I get the message that portage is resuming a download, which obviously fails. It says "can't get such-and-such package". But all these packages I need are right there in /usr/portage/distfiles. They're character-for-character the same name. It's not a matter of corrupted download, because portage would have told me the MD5 doesn't match.

What should I do? How can I get portage to find the files in the distfiles directory? How does portage know to resume, anyway? Maybe if there's some cache, or some such, I could fiddle with that it would not try to resume-download right away. Is there an option I can pass to portage to tell it that I already have the package? I've looked and I can't see what it would be.

For some reason it just wants to resume a previously failed download when I already have the damned packages downloaded.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Todd
bombcar
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. Where in San Diego are you?

There is an "emerge --fetchonly" command that might help somewhat.

Look for temporary files in /usr/portage/distfiles and /var/tmp/portage.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: