Stage 2 Failing as Well ... I think
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seasnark
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Stage 2 Failing as Well ... I think Reply with quote

Okay,

I had to give up on Stage 1 based on the problem I rasied in my other forum request. Moved on to Stage 2 and am having a whole new experience ... (suffice it to say not a successful one).

Went through the whole process again (created partitions, the whole 9 yards). I didn't want anything to mess this up. Followed through the instrucitons and everything looked good until I issued the emerge system command. I got the following message:

Calculating system dependencies -

and there she hangs. I can still ssh into the box and do stuff as when I do a "top", I see that emerge is actually not using any CPU time. It just appears to be sitting around watch the CPU cycles pass it by. The handbook did indicate that this did take some time ... but when nothing changed in over an hour .. I figured that something is wrong ... I also noticed that emerge -s sources does the same thing ... so does emerge -e system and emerge --fetchonly system.

In desparation I rebooted the system and tried to pick up where I left off and wah ... the world had changed ... /mnt/gentoo was empty .... I mean totally empty. /tmp where I had put my stage files ... was empty. Wah Happen'?? For those who are wondering ... I did reboot after fdisk'ing.

Thoughts appreciated.
Seasnark
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Intall Problems Solved Reply with quote

All,

Forget my silly a$$ questions. I had my CFLAGS set wrong ... sorry
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: