Clean Install of Gentoo with Kernel 2.6.4 Issue
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gentoo15
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Clean Install of Gentoo with Kernel 2.6.4 Issue Reply with quote

I have searched the forum for this, but i cannot find it. I figured i would post this message.

I am currently installing gentoo on my machine. The only Kernel that you can find under

emerge -au gentoo-dev-sources

is 2.6.3 RC1

I want to be able to do a fresh install of the latest kernel. Is there a way to do this?

Also, can someone tell me the compile and install comands though they are different in the install guide. I also need the install commands for the /boot so i can install the kernel images and config file.

Thanks
shirowmurasame
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can install kernel that you want entering in /usr/portage/sys-kernel/gentoo-dev-sources/ and typing emerge gentoo-dev-sources-xxx.ebuild (type "ls" for specify).

for the second, read this: http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook.xml?part=1&chap=9#doc_chap2
Tazwolff
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kernel 2.6.4 is not on the Live CD or stable for gentoo-dev-sources. It is stable for development-sources though, so you can emerge that one.

Check this page for a list of availble and stable kernels: http://packages.gentoo.org/packages/?category=sys-kernel
tommy_fila
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Clean Install of Gentoo with Kernel 2.6.4 Issue Reply with quote

gentoo15 wrote:
Also, can someone tell me the compile and install comands though they are different in the install guide. I also need the install commands for the /boot so i can install the kernel images and config file.

The instructions are all there in the install guide. If you have any specific questions then just come back here and ask them. But no one will give you a complete set of commands because they are already listed in the install guide.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: