LiveCD ISO Question
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam G
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:06 am    Post subject: LiveCD ISO Question Reply with quote

I know better than to post such questions of this nature before searching, but after spending 45mins sifting through page after page of search queries I decided to take whatever is to come of this post.

I downloaded the Universal LiveCD ISO from a mirror (check sum all ok), I followed the handbooks instructions for creating the actual CD from ISO using Nero 6. I attempt a boot from the CD and my XP Pro sys boots. BIOS is set to read my floppy and CD-ROM before IDE HDD.

I looked at the CD in XP and noticed that in /isolinux is where the boot.cat file and what looks like other booting files are. Should I have moved those files to the root directory of the CD prior to burning for my system to boot from it?

Directories on the root of the CD burned directly from ISO (no files in root directory, only folders)
  • distfiles
  • isolinux
  • stages
  • docs
  • snapshots
  • zisofs
Thank you in advance for anyone to reply with helpful information. :)
jimd
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i checked my LiveCD, mine has the same folders as yours, no other files in the root directory of the cd.

when burning the cd did you use the Burn Image in nero or did you load it in as files as burn them [if you get what i mean anyway....] you have to burn the cd as the iso so that it gets that boot.cat file at the beginning of the cd where your computer will be looking for the boot code....

i'm using Nero 6 but on mine it's under recorder -> burn image , browse for the image and load it and you should be good to go
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: