Can't get XMMS to play playlists
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raardvark
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Can't get XMMS to play playlists Reply with quote

I am having problems getting xmms to do what I want it to do.

I want to stream music from my friend who has a web interface that links to m3u playlists.

I click on the link which links to a file with the name "playlist.m3u.php?fileid=23318" where i am assuming that 23318 is a file location.

Konquerer says it's an audio/x-mpegurl, so I set it to enqueue in xmms, but xmms won't play the file.

Any suggestions?

raardvark
neverborn
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what kind of connection are you using to access the files? is it samba or nfs or other? also, what are you using to play the sound? alsa or oss? an "lsmod" might help. also make sure your friend has it set up so you have the correct permitions for the mp3 (or whatever) files. Also, what operating system does your friend have? Overall as you can see (i think) this is not a very easy thing to do, i could be wrong but i doubt it.

Well, i hope you get it to work soon, and if you do; give a post showing what you did. Good Luck! :)
mobiusproject
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having this same problem. It started up after installing some new libs (libmad, libid3tag, some others that recently changed keywords to x86). Everything was working fine before this. The other thing that happens when trying to play music online is xmms starts taking up 100% of the cpu. I would love to get this working again.

But its not playlists in general, playlists with local music work just fine, its just streaming media that causes problems. If you add a single stream manually and try to play it the above problem occurs.
raardvark
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem isn't my hardware. If I have an mp3 on my hard drive, it works fine.

The problem is if I click on the link to "playfile-m3u.php?fileid=23318", instead of giving xmms the playlist that generates, it gives it the url "playfile-m3u.php?fileid=23318" which it can't play because it's a php script.

Is there any way to fix that?

Daniel
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: