Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
openoffice-ximian-1.1.52 builds, but fails on src_install()
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teilo
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: openoffice-ximian-1.1.52 builds, but fails on src_install() Reply with quote

I managed to successfully build openoffice-ximian-1.1.52, but when it was running src_install(), it bombed on line 411 of the ebuild. No error, other than the build error, was given.

I tried the following:
Code:
cd /usr/portage/app-office/openoffice-ximian
ebuild openoffice-ximian-1.1.52.ebuild install

It succesfully recognized that the build was complete, and it allowed me to repeat the installation attempt. It bombed at the same point each time.

The line where it bombs is the command which runs the AUTORESPONSE file against setup. I tried to track the problem down, by putting some echo commands in the build for debugging purposes, but I did not realize that portage would blow away my work directory once the build changed. So, I lost the whole deal. ARG! Must be a switch to prevent that.

I am emerging the -bin version now, although, since my whole system is compiled with nptl from the ground up, I'm wondering if that is wise.
kevmille
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Re: openoffice-ximian-1.1.52 builds, but fails on src_instal Reply with quote

teilo wrote:
I managed to successfully build openoffice-ximian-1.1.52, but when it was running src_install(), it bombed on line 411 of the ebuild. No error, other than the build error, was given.

I tried the following:
Code:
ebuild openoffice-ximian-1.1.52.ebuild install

It succesfully recognized that the build was complete, and it allowed me to repeat the installation attempt. It bombed at the same point each time.

The line where it bombs is the command which runs the AUTORESPONSE file against setup. I tried to track the problem down, by putting some echo commands in the build for debugging purposes, but I did not realize that portage would blow away my work directory once the build changed. So, I lost the whole deal. ARG! Must be a switch to prevent that.

I am emerging the -bin version now, although, since my whole system is compiled with nptl from the ground up, I'm wondering if that is wise.

What happens if you try to emerge the ebuild in that directory? I want to try that tomorrow.
teilo
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What happens if you try to emerge the ebuild in that directory? I want to try that tomorrow.

I did try to emerge the build. That is what I did first. It compiled without error. But when the ebuild started to install the completed build, it failed with an error. That is why I used the ebuild command above, to verify that the compile was indeed successful.

Since this ebuild is failing on the install function of the ebuild, this is not a function of the openoffice-ximian source itself. I could have run the setup program manually, and had a complete and working openoffice build. In fact, I wish I had done so, since it would have been compiled with my optimizations and nptl. I could have done an administrative setup, got it working in /opt, then done a user-based setup, just like the stock openoffice package works. Maybe I'll try this later.
teilo
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One further, possibly relavent note:

When I first tried to emerge this build, the digest failed. I used the ebuild digest command to update the digest files. Soooo - if something changed significantly in the newer file, like maybe in the setup program, then perhaps the Autoresponse file needs work.
kevmille
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try to compile it tomorrow and keep you updated on it. Normally it takes about 8 hours for my notebook to compile Oo.
kevmille
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teilo wrote:
One further, possibly relavent note:

When I first tried to emerge this build, the digest failed. I used the ebuild digest command to update the digest files. Soooo - if something changed significantly in the newer file, like maybe in the setup program, then perhaps the Autoresponse file needs work.

This will be the first thing I check if Ximian OOo does not work right:

Code:

*  It is important to note that OpenOffice.org is a very fragile
 *  build when it comes to CFLAGS.  A number of flags have already
 *  been filtered out.  If you experience difficulty merging this
 *  package and use agressive CFLAGS, lower the CFLAGS and try to
 *  merge again.

kevmille
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the following and finally got Ximian_OOo to compile successfully.

Code:
emerge openoffice-ximian-1.1.52.ebuild

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: