UT2k4, CHOPPY!!!!!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookabooka
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: UT2k4, CHOPPY!!!!! Reply with quote

Ok, for some odd reason, ut2k4 is really choppy. It performs fine, then will lock up for a second or so seemingly randomly. Everything else works, sound, video, net, etc. I tried setting all the visual options to their lowest, but this had no effect. Plus it takes literally about 3 minutes to load a level. On my dual 1600+ i didnt have any of these problems, it loaded in about 30 seconds, and the gameplay was very fluidic, no issues. Is anyone else having these sorts of issues? I ran top on my other machine via ssh while i was playing. and it looks like there are 3 ut threads. And whenever it gets choppy, one of the threads that is usually around 30% usage or so, jumps to 99. when things smooth back out, it goes back down. I am totally clueless as to why this happens. Both the 32 and 64 bit versions do this. Any ideas?
mean
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here, but i had cpudyn which was kicking in and switching the cpu to 800 Mhz from time to time
Did no retry after disabling cpu throttling.
evgeny
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: UT2k4, CHOPPY!!!!! Reply with quote

ookabooka wrote:
Ok, for some odd reason, ut2k4 is really choppy. It performs fine, then will lock up for a second or so seemingly randomly.

Are you using an NVidia card? I had the same problem with any GL app (the video card was FX5200). Make sure you don't run anything self-refreshing on the desktop (e.g. gkrellm, wmcube). Try running in the barebones X session (just xinit).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: