View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lrd
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 3:12 am    Post subject: Print Borders Reply with quote

After a quick search I don't quite see a topic, so I think its safe to ask: The margins on printed files are currently wacky. It is really FAR more to the left (if you center it will still be more to the left than in the actual middle) and when you leave it justified you can clearly see a thin strip of white on the left and a far larger strip on the right. The top and bottom margins are also rather thin. How does one set the print area globally so that the margins are correct?
ebrostig
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Print Borders Reply with quote

lrd wrote:
After a quick search I don't quite see a topic, so I think its safe to ask: The margins on printed files are currently wacky. It is really FAR more to the left (if you center it will still be more to the left than in the actual middle) and when you leave it justified you can clearly see a thin strip of white on the left and a far larger strip on the right. The top and bottom margins are also rather thin. How does one set the print area globally so that the margins are correct?

The first thing I need to know is from which program are you trying to print?
Very often the programs format the printed output before passing it on to a Linux printmanager which is repsonsible for queueing the output and actually transferring your programs output to the printer.

I would also like to know which printer you are using and which print manager.

Erik
lrd
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am printing from KOffice 1.2 (RC1) whose jobs are parsed by CUPS+GIMP-print v4.3.0 to an HP DeskJet 810C. I believe I recall a way to globally change this, and that would be nice as I'm planning on installing OpenOffice soon. (Just need a new drive to arrive.. OpenOffice takes its share of space when compiling ;)
ebrostig
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lrd wrote:
I am printing from KOffice 1.2 (RC1) whose jobs are parsed by CUPS+GIMP-print v4.3.0 to an HP DeskJet 810C. I believe I recall a way to globally change this, and that would be nice as I'm planning on installing OpenOffice soon. (Just need a new drive to arrive.. OpenOffice takes its share of space when compiling ;)

Ok, let's see if it is a Koffice problem.

Can you print pages using your web-browser and get the margins correct?
If you can, most likely a Koffice problem. You can head over to www.koffice.org and check to see if it is a known issue in this release, esp combined with the rest of your programs (cups, etc) and your specific brand of printers.

If the web-pages printed looks the same, it is either a printer problem or CUPS issue.

Erik
lrd
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'll have to mess with CUPS cause the webpage also came out kinda wrong, though not as bad. Thanks, if you come up with any more ideas drop me a line. :)
archetype
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might help:

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=42772
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: