Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
n00b help - adding things to Kmenu automatically?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
themoebius
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:10 am    Post subject: n00b help - adding things to Kmenu automatically? Reply with quote

OK I know HOW to add things, I see the Kmenu menu editor and I see the menu updating tool, but those don't make it automatic. I just emerged openoffice and then i ran the updater tool, but open office wasn't listed there and is still not in my menu? Do I have to go off looking for some executable myself and add it to the list? Isn't there a better, automatic way to keep my kmenu up to date?

EDIT: Also, Xamian Evolution is listed in there twice. I emerged it once, but both links give me the error of "Cannot access the Ximian Evolution shell." I assume this is because the links are inaccurate. Whats up with that?

Thanks.
Herodot
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: n00b help - adding things to Kmenu automatically? Reply with quote

themoebius wrote:
OK I know HOW to add things, I see the Kmenu menu editor and I see the menu updating tool, but those don't make it automatic. I just emerged openoffice and then i ran the updater tool, but open office wasn't listed there and is still not in my menu? Do I have to go off looking for some executable myself and add it to the list?

There's apparently a problem with KDE and OpenOffice. It (OOo) claims that when emerged with kde in USE it will make the correct menus. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Usually I have to add the programs myself, and when I've done that, the correct menu suddenly appears out of nowhere.

themoebius wrote:
Isn't there a better, automatic way to keep my kmenu up to date?
There's the menu updater tool, but it won't find everything.

themoebius wrote:
EDIT: Also, Xamian Evolution is listed in there twice. I emerged it once, but both links give me the error of "Cannot access the Ximian Evolution shell." I assume this is because the links are inaccurate. Whats up with that?

Thanks.

I don't know. Note that Kmenuedit has been faulty (couldn't save changes) for some time, but appears to be fixed in 3.2.2.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: