Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Trust 350WL Cradle Mouse Wireless Optical, work?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boempa
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:58 pm    Post subject: Trust 350WL Cradle Mouse Wireless Optical, work? Reply with quote

Is there a way to make this mouse work, it is a wireless mouse/optical with a PS/2 cradle.
Thanks in advance.
Btw, I'd like to use it in KDE and Gnome
BlauwVoet
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: Trust 350WL Cradle Mouse Wireless Optical, work? Reply with quote

boempa wrote:
Is there a way to make this mouse work, it is a wireless mouse/optical with a PS/2 cradle.
Thanks in advance.
Btw, I'd like to use it in KDE and Gnome

nearly 1 year later...
I have the same mouse, and more or less the same problem.

It seems the mouse and/or PS/2 port don't get activated when booting linux, when this mouse is in powersaving mode.

I've tried some things:
- unplugging and replugging the mouse with a running X or gpm, activates the mouse, but the mouse movements are very slow and shocky. Very disturbing...
- booting up the system with my old (wired) PS/2 mouse connected; when X/gpm are running, I unplug the old mouse, and connect the wireless thing to the PS/2 port. This activates the mouse the way it should: normal and smooth movements.

However, this is a dirty and very annoying method, I don't want to hassle with this connectors every day. Is there any way to get it working at booting?

(maybe this should be moved to Kernel&Hardware ?)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: