hylafax - received page size/scale
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bendy
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: hylafax - received page size/scale Reply with quote

Hi,

Any hylafax gurus out there?

I have a box set up at work to receive incoming faxes using hylafax and email them to a user as a pdf to be viewed using kghostview. Generally it works fine.

The problem is that in the UK we always use A4 paper for printing. Sometimes we receive a fax from the USA which is "legal" page size i.e. wider and shorter. Other times, the A4 page wasn't fed in straight by the sender, resulting in a fax image wider than A4. When printing the fax from kghostview, the printer gets confused and asks for wider paper. The printer can be manually forced to print onto A4 paper, but it's a pain. More of a problem is that part of the image can be lost when doing this.

I have modified the PS2PDF line in the faxrcvd script with the addition of:
Code:
-sPAPERSIZE=a4
but this hasn't helped. I also tried to force a page size/scale in the TIFF2PS line but this resulted in a corrupted pdf file that crashed kghostview.

Does anyone know if I can simply scale the image to, say, 95% to hopefully ensure that it will always fit onto an A4 page?

Thanks,

Bendy
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: