emerge problem installing without network
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ceronman
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: emerge problem installing without network Reply with quote

Excuse me for my bad English

Hi,

Im a newbie from Mandrake, I'm trying to install Gentoo 2004.0 without network, using the universal-livcd and the packages-cd. I have installed the portage snapshot and the distfiles from the universal-livcd but when i try to install the kernel sources using "emerge gentoo-sources" (or any other sources), emerge try to connect to internet and say that can't download the package. I have tried with --usepkg option, but does not work. What can i do?

Thanks for the help

Manuel Alejandro Cerón
Beattie
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can probably just manually copy the package from the cd to /usr/portage/distfiles. It will check if the package it wants to download is there before it tries to actually go on the internet.
andrewy
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know in 2004.0 you could do something along the lines of "emerge =vanilla-sources-2.4.24", you might be able to do that in 2004.1. Just try replacing 2.4.24 with the kernel version included in 2004.1, probably either .25 or .26. That might work with gentoo-sources if you know the version, I'm not sure, cause I haven't tried it.
enegento
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: what I did Reply with quote

Quote:
After start trying other posibilities, gs-sources did the trick. gs-sources is the kernel patched for server use.

After

emerge gs-sources

Now I have /usr/src/linux-2.4.25_pre7-gss-r2 sources installed and I will continue my installation.

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: