radeon tv-out now working - but not 100%
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fourhead
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: radeon tv-out now working - but not 100% Reply with quote

i had problems getting my radeon tv-out to work, but now it works at 90%. when i'm on the terminal, i can't see anything on my monitor because the frequency is too high, but i can see the terminal output on the tv. when i'm in X, i can see the screen content on both my monitor and on the tv, as long as i'm running X with 1024x768.

i was wondering if it is possible to run my monitor at 1280x1024, but to 'downcale' the tv output to 1024x768. in my xorg.conf, i have a modeline for my monitor saying "1280x1024" "1024x768". in this setup, i have my normal 1280x1024 screen on the monitor, but on the tv i see only 1024x768 and i can 'scroll' the desktop to see the rest. of course, when i watch movies in this mode, i miss some parts of the image. when i have only "1024x768" as modeline, both my monitor and the tv display everything in this resolution. is there a way to "downscale" the tv-out, or at least would it be possible to keep the tv-output centered all the time, so that it is not being scrolled around when i move the mouse?

another question: i have a 16:9 tv and the tv-out is 4:3 like on the monitor, is there a way to scale the picture. the problem is, when i watch a 16:9 movie on a 4:3 monitor, i have black stripes on the top & bottom of the movie. i also have these black stripes on the tv, and when this picture is stretched to 16:9, the black stripes are also strechted which makes no sense of course ...

oh and to nt forget thanks to all the people who helped me with my tv-out! :-)

tom
NoiZe_DJ
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: radeon tv-out now working - but not 100% Reply with quote

elektrohirn wrote:
...i was wondering if it is possible to run my monitor at 1280x1024, but to 'downcale' the tv output to 1024x768. in my xorg.conf, i have a modeline for my monitor saying "1280x1024" "1024x768". in this setup, i have my normal 1280x1024 screen on the monitor, but on the tv i see only 1024x768 and i can 'scroll' the desktop to see the rest. of course, when i watch movies in this mode, i miss some parts of the image. when i have only "1024x768" as modeline, both my monitor and the tv display everything in this resolution. is there a way to "downscale" the tv-out, or at least would it be possible to keep the tv-output centered all the time, so that it is not being scrolled around when i move the mouse?...

I would like to know if somebody has a solution for that yet, cause i've got exactly the sam problem.

Windows XP hat mehr Bugs als Klendathu...

<Herbie`work> yu ar lahfing abaut mei inglisch skills ?
e-tigger
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Radeon TV-Out working Reply with quote

Could you post your XF86Config file?

I'm having a little problem getting dual TV/Monitor workign and I'd like to see you config.

Also have you tried specifying a 16:9 modline resolution 1024x768 is a 4:3 ration resolution.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: