View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sewm
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Setting custom web browser in Gnome 2.6 Reply with quote

Hello,

I am a big fan of the Opera web browser and I am trying to set it to be my default web browser in gnome 2.6.

Ideally I want things to open in new tabs in the currently running Opera window (if there is one) when I click a link in some other program. I ran opera -help and found the correct command line option. It should be opera -remote openURL(url, new-page) so I put the %s where url is in the above, but gnome isn't passing the url correctly.

I've tried putting single or double quotes around parts or all of the openURL(%s, new-page) portion of the command with no success. The best I get is a new tab with http://%s/ as the url, which Opera promptly says it can't open. (I achevied this result with either single or double quotes around the whole openURL business).

Any suggestions would be appreciated..

Maybe I should just write a shell script that takes %s as it's argument and then properly passes it to Opera, but this seems a bit lame.

-Sam[/code]
j-kidd
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it work if you just put "opera -newpage"?
sewm
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes..

Thank you..

For some reason I got stuck in the mindset that I had to send it as a remote command :)

-Sam
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: