Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Soapbox Part II -- Eat Your Heart Out
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Okay, so if we are homosexualality was found to be genetic that would point the finger at the parents... it would also mean that we were evolving into homosexuals...
I need to sign up for gene therapy...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I see your point...
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 1

ejedmonds
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Soapbox Part II -- Eat Your Heart Out Reply with quote

Hello again my friendly Gentooers... this is an article I wrote in college on homosexuals and the minority issues sprinkled with a few other FYIs... enjoy...

Homosexuality has taken the political forefront. This antiquated form of “social activity” has been around for ages. Many have heard of great Roman or Greek officials and fearless leaders such as Hadrian, or Cicero whom were said to be gay. Alexander the Great, the Spartans, ancient philosophers, Greek Gods are all said to have had “gay” tendencies, or were just straight-up gay. The homosexual community has even gone as far as to interpret the relationship between David and Jonathan in Samuel 20:41 as a homosexual relationship. In this day and age society seems to be a little bit on the conservative side and a little on the liberal side. The point in which I am making is that this creates the dividing line between what is to be considered socially as a majority and a minority. Using homosexuality for instance, the majority would tend to maintain a traditional or a conservative standpoint. This standpoint is what would create the gay minority. The liberal standpoint would instill in or society that homosexuality should be accepted as a protected minority. There is only one flaw. A minority class is a class in which there is clear definition, and clear obvious, beyond a shadow of a doubt, evidence that supports the lifestyle. Homosexuality has no clear definition; therefore that kind of minority lifestyle should not be protected.

The dictionary “Merriam Webster” defines a minority as the “period of attainment before majority, the smaller in number of two groups constituting a whole, or a part of a population differing from others in some characteristic and often subjected to differential treatment.” The homosexuality class would take the last definition. Merriam Webster defines “protected” as fostering or shielding from infringement or restriction.” In essence the gay and lesbian communities whom are represented by a number of agencies such as the International Lesbian and Gay Association or PFLAG are asking for homosexuals to be protected and acknowledged under state and federal statutes. These statutes would govern a minority that has no definition, no substantiation, or a doctrine that reinforces the such. Furthermore this would pave the way, and would become the cornerstone for other rights such as gay marriages and affirmative action for gays. This could even lead to a possible national “Gay Day” where gays can have the day off and commemorate their revolution. This may even move its way into our children’s schools, and require gay education. These ideas may sound extreme, or even absurd, but it is real and it is being talked about, and strongly considered. There is currently an act called the New York Gay Rights bill which, if it passes, will allow the teaching of homosexual and cross-genderization, and it would promote acceptability for that kind of lifestyle...in chilren's schools.

Title VII, Section 703 (j) in the Civil Rights Act of 1964 clearly bans preferences by race, gender, ethnicity, and religion in business and government. These minority classes are clearly defined. The only way for homosexuality to be clearly defined is to prove it as being genetic; and there is no proof. NARTH(National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuals) has proven that there is no clear genetic link to homosexuality. Although the APA(American Psychological Association) does not agree with NARTH on a lot of issues especially with gay therapy, they both agree that homosexuality is not genetically influenced, but is environmentally or socially influenced, and there are a lot of things that are socially influenced. According to the APA, the condition of homosexuality is variable and subject to change through a number of influences.” Extensive research has been done on this for years. There are many things that are considered linked to social or environmental factors such as: favorite color, exercising, our style of hair, and the way we raise our children. Should these be protected minorities too? If there is a gene for homosexuality, is there also one for six-pack abdominals. Is there a dance gene? Since there has not been a gene proven to be linked to homosexuality then we as a society have to rely on the fact that it is thus far due to environmental variables. Since it is widely considered an environmental factor, or series of factors, and our influences rely solely on those that are parental, peer, and media, forcing this into our school agendas would pose a risk to the tender and impressionable minds of our young children.

The ability to prove that a homosexual is or will be terminally gay will lay solely on the fact that it is genetic. To say that a person is genetically predisposed to being gay is to say that they have received the gene from one or both of their parents. This points the finger at the parents, the grandparents, the great-grandparents, and so on. This could potentially bring shame upon the family as it is “pointing the finger.” This would then become a minority medical condition in which the person was genetically predisposed to not ever procreating. The primordial concept of procreation lays primarily on the fact that you have to be heterosexual, although homosexuals can raise children due to technological advances. It is important to look at this without the use of technological advancements, and to digress all of the way to early civilization. Early humanity would not have propagated under these circumstances. The fact that men and women have complimentary sex organs should provide clarity. Hypothetically speaking, if homosexuality was genetic, then this would be humanities strive of limiting population, humanities “destructive meteor” so to speak, or even a Scarlett Letter of some sorts. So the true way to determine who is homosexual versus who is not would be extensive screening or genetic screening if it is indeed genetic. Who is to say that the average Joe could not just walk up and state that they were gay so they may move into a protected minority class? This is the gay and lesbian community’s perverse attempt at convoluting the political system, and is a selfish means in which to gain notoriety. We are genetically predisposed to being sexual towards the opposite sex, which may be swayed, and our role for gender attraction is based on social factors. Do not be brain washed by the gay and lesbian communities. They are normal such as you and I and should not be considered a protected minority. If for some reason it is determined that it is genetic then we are protecting an endangered population, one that is prescribed to become extinct. It is not fair to humanity to stamp them with this type of stigma.

http://www.cisnia.com/
abzs2k
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the natural kingdom if we evolve into homosexuals, without the ability to reproduce asexually those genotypes would be wiped out. Humans however can controll their "evolutionary path". So your hypothesis seems valid.
plate
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things I throw in the dups bin usually stay there. If you want to keep your account, you really ought to comply with a moderator's suggestions.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: