Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
And we haven't let the soldiers take the gloves off why?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LD
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 8:16 am    Post subject: And we haven't let the soldiers take the gloves off why? Reply with quote

Ok, IF everyone has kept up with Iraq NOT counting the prison abuse thing you know that Sadr has offered bounties for captured troops, and female troops are allowed to be kept as slaves.

I have one quick question to ask... Why the hell haven't we let our troops take the gloves off and open fire on Mosques where these bastards launch their attacks from. Dispite what everyone here may think, under the Geneva Conventions and Law of Armed Conflict places of Worship are legitamate targets when used as Weapon stores, command and control centers, troop housing, or when attacks are launched from them. This applies to Hospitals and Schools as well.

Forget the hearts and minds BS. We should have told the Arab world that we would level any mosque used like this, and then done so with cold efficiancy.

Before everyone jumps on me about it, you need to remember that in situations like that that the moral and legal responsibility is placed on the party occupying those areas. Civilian Human Shields are also legitamate targets, and taking them as human shields is in and of itself a war crime.

If I order an attack on a civilian location for no reason, I'm guilty of war crimes. If I order the same attack on a civilian center where the Enemy is using the population as a shield I am not guilty of war crimes. Again, it is placed on the person forcing the people to be shield that are responsible, not me.

By rights, the mosques being used as a place to open fire by Insurgents should have been levels with a couple of 1000 pound bombs. Hell, before you do that Drop a MOAB out side of town then leiflets saying surrender or your next.

MOAB's put up a very nice Mushroom Cloud that has all the psychological impact of a nuke without the nasty fallout.
plate
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Off the Wall, not Hate Mongers Unlimited. Calling people "bastards" is generally unappreciated around here. Please keep the supremacy fantasies on an appropriately professional and courteous level, or we will have to revoke your posting privileges.

Standard disclaimer #6: Just because I locked your thread rather than somebody else's doesn't mean I've singled you out. It's just that I haven't found all the other offensive posts yet.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: