Rhythmbox Woes
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bonedaddyhimself
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Rhythmbox Woes Reply with quote

I emerged rhythmbox (stable) with mp3 & mad support, then emerged easytag to scan and correct the mp3 tags (not sure if there was a problem to begin with, my MP3's worked fine in winamp and xmms) It was a suggestion from another user to use easytag to correct the tags so that RB wouldn't crash. All was well and RB seemed to finally find all of my mp3 files. Something happened and now RB will load but will not scan for my files. When it does scan for files it doesn't list by group or albums just the music files themselves and when I try to play a song, the song starts, I can hear it but RB displays a crash warning. When I try to close the warning box, RB closes and the music stops.

Could I have screwed up my MP3 files with easytag that would keep RB from working. RB has been buggy for me from the get-go but I really like it's interface and want to use it desperately.

Also, what are some other possible apps that need to be emerged to ensure that Rhythmbox works correctly?

Tnx,

bd
Hayl
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if by stable u mean the 6.x series then yes, it is very buggy.

i use easy tag and rhythmbox 8.3 and it all works fine.
bonedaddyhimself
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hayl,

Yes, I'm using the one 'marked' stable (6.x).
I'll emerge 8.3 and give it a shot.

Thank you kindly my friend.

bd
rrrkkkttt
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after upgrading my gtk to 2.4 rhythmbox 0.6.x ver broke... when I tried to upgrade to rhythmbox 0.8.3 ver (i guess thats the latest ~x86) its emerging gstreamer v0.8 as new and not upgrading my existing gsteramer 0.6 version... I have gnome2.4 right now... so is it okay for two gstreamer versions to exist together? if not then would I first unmerge gst 0.6 version then emerge 0.8version or emrege rhythmbox 0.8.3 and gst 0.8 and then unmerge the old gstreamer?
Keffin
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GStreamer 0.6 is needed by some things in Gnome if you have gstreamer in your USE variables (and you need to for rhythmbox). It's not a problem though, both will stay on your system and 0.8 will be the one used by the latest rhythmbox. I unmerged gstreamer 0.6 when I noticed it didn't get done automatically, then things started complaining until I reinstalled it.
dagonarth
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI. I have one question ... is there any way to set http proxy for streaming in rhythmbox ? I change proxy settings in gnome-network-preferences but I'm not sure is rhythmbox using this like for example epiphany.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: