Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
After emerging KDE 3.3.2 kicker panel gets messed up.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evoweiss
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: After emerging KDE 3.3.2 kicker panel gets messed up. Reply with quote

Hi All,

Not sure if this is covered elsewhere or whether I am forgetting something obvious, but I am unable to figure out what the problem is here.

I just emerged qt-3.3.2 and the kicker panel got messed up in that names are cut off and the triangles were as well. Hence, it appears not to be expanding and shrinking to meet the names.

Other things started looking odd as well, the styles for one. Does anybody know how to get things humming again? For the time being, I am going to downgrade to the version of qt I had installed before, but I'd really like to be up to date with these things.

Best,

Alex
galay2
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the same problem (upgrading to kde 3.2.2 will break the kmenu which is reported in bugs.kde.org already). But upgrading to qt 3.3.2 will delete all my kde styles, anyone know how to fix? I'm only left wiht cde, motif and some others. But most are gone.
evoweiss
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

galay2 wrote:
I am having the same problem (upgrading to kde 3.2.2 will break the kmenu which is reported in bugs.kde.org already). But upgrading to qt 3.3.2 will delete all my kde styles, anyone know how to fix? I'm only left wiht cde, motif and some others. But most are gone.

I noticed when emerging qt (downgrading didn't fix the problem so I may as well upgrade again) a message regarding re-emerging kdelibs and kdeartwork if there are problems with styles. If that solves either of our problems, I'll let you know.

Alex
bryanz
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

galay2 wrote:

I got the same problem. And I just remerged the kdelibs and kdeartwork. All things seems ok now. :)
evoweiss
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bryanz wrote:

I got the same problem. And I just remerged the kdelibs and kdeartwork. All things seems ok now. :)

Good news, re-emerging the kdelibs and kdeartwork did the trick for me too. The only thing else I had to do was to pick Plastik again as my style.

Also, there are still problems with kicker. You'll notice that it's just slightly cut off on the right. To fix this (yes, it's not an elegant solution :)) I renamed "Development" to "Development QT Apps." I guess the previous bug still exists. However, the fix is simple enough.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Alex
AgentSmith
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See also this thread:

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=134984

It's quite old, but describes the same problem.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: