Using LD_ASSUME_KERNEL - problems!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MG-Cloud
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Using LD_ASSUME_KERNEL - problems! Reply with quote

Hi,

I've been using mainactor to do my video editing and have noticed several slowdowns in a few key areas - I can live with these, but it *would* be great to eliminate them. I took a look at their support forums and it seems some other people are experiencing similar problems with an NPTL system:

http://forum.mainconcept.com/viewtopic.php?t=1842

I too have an NPTL system. I tried running:

LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.20 mactor

and got an error regarding a missing libdl.so.2. I did a forum search and found a thread that told me to compile glibc without nptl, using a different prefix to install into, so that I can use this version of glibc to run binary apps that don't like NPTL. Basically, I built and installed glibc, and then did the following:

nano -w /etc/env.d/99glibc-linuxthreads

and added the string:

LDPATH="/usr/glibc-2.3.3-non-nptl/lib"

and then ran:

env-update

It removed the error regarding libdl.so.2, but I now receive the following error:

mactor: /usr/glibc-2.3.3-non-nptl/lib/libpthread.so.0: version `GLIBC_2.3.3' not found (required by /usr/qt/3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3)

The thing that I find odd with this though is that I *am* using glibc2.3.3 for both my NPTL and Non-NPTL glibc's. Is there somethign I'm missing that I forgot to do?

Thanks!
PrakashP
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also be interested in howto get this LD_ASSUME_KERNEL thingie going. In my case I want to use icc and openmp, but Intel's OpenMP implementation doesn't like NPTL...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: