View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
certux
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Starting firefox automatically when KDe starts Reply with quote

Hi,

I use mozilla-firefox for browsing on KDE. When I shut down my computer I usually leave all my windows open, so that they will be restored when KDE comes up the next time. My problem is that this does not work with firefox, when KDE starts, it does not open a firefox window, but a mozilla window. Can anybody give me a hint how I can make KDE start firefox instead of mozilla? (I know, I could create a link in the autostart folder, but I would prefer to use KDE's mechanism of restoring a session.) Any help will be appreciated.

Greets

certux
nx12
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can simply put firefox in your ~/.xprofile
certux
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

thanks for the quick answer. I have thought of that already, but this is almost the same as putting firefox in the autostart folder. What I want is that I do not have to close the firefox window when I log out and that KDE restores firefox just as it restores all other windows which were opened when it was shutdown. Otherwise I will still be having KDE open a new mozilla window on startup, which is a bit annyoing as it takes some time (my PC is not one of the newest :( ) and makes KDE quite unresponsive for a while.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: