no LOVE with kdm
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffroman
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject: no LOVE with kdm Reply with quote

i tried moving to the 2.6.6 kernel from the 2.6.5, i decided in the process I would try and install the love4 patch for the 2.6.6 kernel. That failed miserably during kernel compile, around the asm stuff. so i decided to try love5 for the 2.6.5 kernel that already worked fine for me. It compiled fine and everything, did the all the normal steps to add it to grub etc. When I boot into 2.6.5-love5 everything comes up great. However when i try to load kdm it just doesnt work. Ive emerged nvidia-kernel and did the opengl-update nvidia also, and kdm still doesnt want to come up. When i go back to my previous kernel gentoo-2.6.5-r1, everything works like a charm (even the nvidia driver), and kdm starts no questions asked. Is there anything Im missing to get x to start with love5? Did I miss some trivial step?
jeffroman
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take note that SMP is disabled with the new 2.6.6 love, sooo no love for dual opterons
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: