No KDE-sounds as user
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jose_zap
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: No KDE-sounds as user Reply with quote

From an older forum (sorry I couldn't reply sooner):

I have just installed Alsa and I can play sound in XMMS (only with te OSS driver), The sounds from amsn only can be played via artsplay. I don't complain about that, but I have no sound in any other application in KDE, e.g. the splash window, internet pages, system notificatios...
I tried to log in as root and I could hear all sounds I couldn't as a normal user. I've checked the /etc/devfsd.conf file and permissions seems to be ok. My normal user is in the adio group. Could anyone help me?
-----
BlinkEye wrote:

Quote:
i need some further infos. which kde version are you using, which alsa drivers? i must admit that there is weird bug around with alsa and arts in kde-3.2.x. it happens to me that suddenly sound isn't working anymore - so i have to remove the /etc/asound.state and REBOOT and reset my settings to get it working again. i can't copy a working config file over - i must start from zero. i haven't ever tried playing sound as root - don't use your su in vain.

I am using kde 3.2.2 and the cmipci alsa driver for my C-media pci sound card. This is the second time i install gentoo, the first one i haven't had such problem. And it remains unsolved, no kde-sound as normal user... any ideas?
jose_zap
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some things that could help:

If I remember right I didn't merged kde with the alsa USE tag. In the Control Center - Sound System doesn't appear Alsa, only Autodetect, OSS, TOSS, and none...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: