open office !!!!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mvikred
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: open office !!!! Reply with quote

i was emerging , openoffice-ximian last night , when my disk was 50% free .... and it had also started compiling b4 i went to sleep ..... and then some time here was a power cut and the whole thing stopped .... and when i logged in again ..... there was only 2% disk space free

and if i did

emerge -C openoffice-ximian it dint have any pachage with tht name installed abd i cudnt find the tar bll innn /usr/portage/distfiles and right now it doesnt have enuf spce to start xfs server ..... i really dont know where the disk space has been used ......any ideas ppl

pls help me out on this ... i had given 5gb to linux , and approx 2.6 gb was used b4 istarted the installation

mvikred
feliperal
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you will need to do some spring cleaning....One thing you can do is to get rid of some of the stale files used in other emerges that are located in /var/tmp/portage .. This directory usually stores the files to build the application...After you run the emerge packagename, the .gz or .bz2 is decompressed and copied to /var/tmp/portage....

Second, you can get rid of some the distfiles in /usr/portage/distfile that you really don't need. You will need a buttload of space to compile openoffice....If you can clear a few hundred megs you should be okay.

Goodluck,
Felipe
mvikred
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx a lot man ,tht helped

i have more free space now :)

thanx a lot

mvikred
robmoss
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you download ecatmur's cruft script (via the second link in my sig) it will tell you, with hopefully a minimum of false positives, what's hiding in your filesystem but shouldn't be.

emerge -U will kill your Gentoo
ecatmur, Lord of Portage Bash Scripts
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: