Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Splitting an mpeg file and burning the parts problem...
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madbiker
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 8:12 am    Post subject: Splitting an mpeg file and burning the parts problem... Reply with quote

I've got an 812MB video that I'd like on two VCDs. I split it using
Code:
mpgtx -s videoname {timetosplit}
and got this output:
Code:

mpgtx -s videoname.mpg {24:30}
Now processing videoname.mpg [1/2] ...  100.00%
Now processing Props - videoname.mpg [2/2] ...  17.77%  PES03: TS <0, corrected to 0, movie will have problems playing!
100.00%

Then I burnt the first part using k3b's video cd project bit, and it worked fine. But when I tried to burn the second part, it tells me that vcdxbuild returned an unknown error. When I look at the Debugging Output, I found this:
Code:

<log level="warning">mpeg stream will be padded on the fly -- hope that's ok for you!</log>
<log level="warning">mpeg scan: pack header code (0x000001ba) expected, but 0x97605014 found (buflen = 2324)</log>
<log level="warning">bad packet at packet #2 (stream byte offset 2356) -- remaining 446555852 bytes of stream will be ignored</log>
<progress operation="scan" id="sequence-000" position="446558208" size="446558208" />
<log level="warning">autopadding requires to insert additional 2292 zero bytes into MPEG stream (due to 1 unaligned packets of 2 total)</log>
<log level="information">scanning mpeg sequence item #0 for scanpoints...</log>
<log level="warning">mpeg stream shorter than 75 sectors</log>
<progress operation="write" position="0" size="452" />
<log level="assertion">file files.c: line 741 (set_search_dat): assertion failed: (n = _get_scanpoint_count (obj))</log>

I initially thought the problem was that 17% it was showing at the mpgtx, but that sometimes shows, and sometimes doesn't (I've done this nearly a dozen times now). It's that bit after it that has be confused.

Are there any other linux progs to split up mpegs?
Wyckliff
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: splitting mpegs Reply with quote

transcode can split mpegs if you use the -c option or the cut filter option.
Code:

transcode -i source.mpg -V -y mpeg -F d -f 29.97,4 --export_fps 29.97,4 --export_asr 2 -E 48000 -b 224 -o friends-intro -J cut="2316-3656"

A word of warning though... I don't know if it's the options I pick or what, but I have been having problems with the video and audio components that get produced by transcode. When I join them with mplex, I get the following warnings:
Code:

INFO: [mplex] rough-guess multiplexed stream data rate    : 10236600
   INFO: [mplex] target data-rate specified               : 10080000
++ WARN: [mplex] Target data rate lower than computed requirement!
++ WARN: [mplex] N.b. a 20% or so discrepancy in variable bit-rate
++ WARN: [mplex] streams is common and harmless provided no time-outs will occur
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: