View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b0fh_
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: kopete + http proxy + icq Reply with quote

Hi ppl

Does anyone know how to make kopete connect to ICQ with an HTTP proxy, like gaim does? I even tried writing a small proxy in PERL and setting the authentication host to that proxy, but that does not work, because after the authentication process it opens a connection to another machine (probably some ip it got on the authentication process).

I messed with iptables, static proxy, kopete config itself, nothing seems to help.

Any ideas?!

Peace.
Lore
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using Kopete succesfully behind a proxy. Did you set your proxy in the KDE-Controllcenter?
b0fh_
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep... everything KDE is working with the proxy (local junkbuster) that sometimes is chained with a squid when I am at work.
b0fh_
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ops, forgot to mention that I got it working using libconnect.... but I had to hack it a bit because by default it does not support proxy authentications.
mattrogers
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: no HTTP proxy support (yet) Reply with quote

yeah, there's no native HTTP proxy support in KDE yet, although I believe there will be for KDE 3.3, but don't quote me on that. :-)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: