My Gentoo Thankyou thread
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bkeating
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: My Gentoo Thankyou thread Reply with quote

I really appreciate gentoo and it's community. I use FreeBSD for mission critical servers but for desktop machines i deploy gentoo and it's been great. It's the -only- distro i've deployed that has lasted for over a year in daily usage. Other break (mostly by trying to upgrade certain things, dependancy hell, etc.) Gentoo just -works- in that respect.

I've donated (via paypal) quite a few times but figure i'd make a post about my thanks as well. so.. uh... thanks ;)

and if anyone knows of a calendaring app (that supports scheduling, reminders, etc.) I'd love to hear about it. I don't like evolution because it's to bloaty with features i don't care to use (I use thunderbird for mail and addressbook) and im not really interested in KDE or Gnome apps as I am a pekwm but that doesn't mean I'll consider a QT / GTK -based app. Im all ears.. er eyes!

thanks guys. gentoo is great.
pianosaurus
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to add my thanks to yours. The community is great, but I'd like to send my special thanks to all the developers. May you all live long and prosper.

And about the calendaring app: No clue, as I don't use one. But it sounded like something somebody should make a GKrellM plugin for. Maybe I should make one, unless somebody already has (amyone?).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: