View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTFMonkey
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: (Another)qt-3.3.2 compile problem Reply with quote

Just a straight-up hang, guys. Same place every single time, whether or not ccache is being used, whether it's i386- or i686-pc-linux-gnu, and as conservative as I can make compile flags (although qt appears to ignore C(XX)FLAGS anyhow). It's a new install, not an update. Libpng has been re-emerged. I've got no virtual terminals, can't SSH in, no ctrl-alt-delete, just a blinkin' cursor.

I think that answers all the questions previous threads have asked. I'd have been happy with gnome/gtk, but xmame depends on qt (through some long chain) and that, my friends, I simply cannot do without.

Here's what the bottom half of the screen looks like when it hangs:

Code:
test -d ../../../bin || mkdir -p ../../../bin/
g++ -fno-exceptions -o ../../../bin/uic .obj/release-shared-mt/main.o .obj/release-shared-mt/uic.o .obj/release-shared-mt/form.o .obj/release-shared-mt/object.o .obj/release-shared-mt/subclassing.o .obj/release-shared-mt/embed.o .obj/release-shared-mt/widgetdatabase.o .obj/release-shared-mt/domtool.o .obj/release-shared-mt/parser.o    -L/var/tmp/portage/qt-3.3.2/work/qt-x11-free-3.3.2/lib -L/usr/C11R6/lib -lqt-mt -lmng -ljpeg -lpng -lz -lXi -lXrender -lXrandr -lXcursor -lXft -lfreetype -lfontconfig -lXext -lX11 -lm -lSM -lICE -ldl -lpthread

Any takers? Thanks in advance,
Chris
HydroSan
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like something is borking the hard drive. I've had problems when I accidentally kick my case and the hard drive clicks on and off. It'll just freeze everything, and hard-lock the system.

It may be a hard drive problem, or a RAM problem. Either way, it sounds like something is screwing with the hard drive's data transfer to the RAM and hard-locking everything.

Server status: Currently down, being replaced with fresh install - 20% completed.
WTFMonkey
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HydroSan wrote:
It seems like something is borking the hard drive.
Either way, it sounds like something is screwing with the hard drive's data transfer to the RAM and hard-locking everything.

Interesting. I would have ruled out hardware problems just because it happens at the same place every time. Looks like it's gonna be a night of memtest86 and hdparm... thanks for the tip, I appreciate it.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: