Timidity service won't start
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitsunenokenja
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Timidity service won't start Reply with quote

I've tried to get xmms-midi to work but it played silently. So I tried to get timidity++ working.. if I try to start the service, I get nothing out of it. The script for starting the timidity service runs /usr/bin/timidity, and after trying to start the service, there is no such process running. That's why I get errors about restarting the service; it's looking for timidity at a job ID but it doesn't exist (timidity keeps terminating, I've tried to manually run it) I can't find a way to make it run in the background. If you run timidity you get some output and that's it. The service is useless; I think at one point it worked, though.

I've re-emerged timidity++, timitidy-eawpatches, and xmms-midi. Timidity service is still b0rked, and now xmms has a segmentation fault if I try to load a MIDI file. I know this much though: if I run timidity <filename.mid> on the terminal, it plays fine!!

I've seen only one other post that mentioned the broken service but it wasn't answered, and my other search results are related to broken MIDI playing entirely, but mine works...

Someone know how to get the timidity service to work properly?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: