View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaxDamage
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Where are the GTK themes? Reply with quote

When I emerge gnome-themes and gnome-themes-extras, only the GTK2 part of the themes get installed. If I want also the GTK1 part, I must emerge the separate package (i.e. for LighthouseBlue I had to emerge gtk-engines-lighthouseblue, or the Industrial GTK1 part is included only in ximian-artwork).

The problem is gtk-engines-lighthouseblue is a blocker of gnome-themes so I shouldn't have both installed. Is the Gnome team unsupporting the GTK1 apps? There are a lot of programs like Gtoaster or vmWare that are GTK1-based. What should I do to get both GTK1 and GTK2 themes installed? Is this only a temporal problem?
routerguy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GTK1 and GTK2 are totally seperate, and as far as I know, the themes are incompatable with eachother...
MaxDamage
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are separate, but not incompatible. If you look at your /usr/share/themes/FOOTheme directories, you will find gtk directory, a gtk-2.0 directory and also a metacity one.

Both GTK and GTK2 can be installed at the same time, and in fact, they should, if you want both GTK and GTK2 apps look coherent.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: