View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulBruce
n00b
n00b

Location: UK, Aberdonian, living in a s**thole called Portsmouth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: KMail isn't working Reply with quote

I use my gentoo installation on the same system as my SUSE 8.2 system (removable hard drive caddies). For some reason the gentoo version fo KMAIL won't work with my postfix e-mail server on SUSe 9.0 (SMTP and IMAP).

If I try and send an e-mail from gentoo I get a "relay acess denied" error, however if I am using the older version of KMail that ships with SUSe 8.2, KMail works perfectly. I can send and receive e-mails without problem.

SInce I am working from the same physical PC with the same IP adress on the same network in both instrances, this leads me to believe that KMail version 1.6.1 contains bugs that prevent it working properly, has anybody come across this error before? and if so what did you do to fix it?
Janne Pikkarainen
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes me wonder if your hostname is completely different on Gentoo side and when KMail sends HELO/EHLO greeting to your smtp server, it tells something weird there...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: