Installing gentoo
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spockstar
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Installing gentoo Reply with quote

Howdy i have tried a couple of times to install gentoo but i always run into trouble,this time i have installed it using the P4 anaconda-gentoo release and it all installed no problem . what would be the best way to proceed from this point .it is running 2.4.20 kernel .i guess the first step would be emerge sync then im not sure ,possibly a system updte?? or kernel upgrade ?? thanks for any help
Tii
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not very familiar with the anaconda installer and what it does but I'd probably do a system update to get recent versions of everything (or at least see what has more recent versions). Also I would do a kernel update since 2.6 based kernels seem to be a bid better in desktop use (you didn't say what you are using this machine for though). Then I would install all the programs I use that aren't yet installed. After that I would start having a good time with my Gentoo.
spockstar
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the install was on my laptop .which will be used on a daily basis .is there any oder i should follow for the updates ,system update then kernel upgrade i have run emerge sync .i havnt installed gnome or any other app yet .the anaconda install is very easy is it the best way ? if not why ? i know you are not familiar with it derryth but maybe others can give some opinions
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: