View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27, 28, 29  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-spirit-
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: need help with ivman Reply with quote

hi, i need help with ivman, i can't get it working :(

hal & dbus works correctly, i had tried hal-device-manager, it's works perfectly.

my version :

sys-apps/dbus-0.22-r2
sys-apps/hal-0.4.2-r1

sys-apps/ivman-0.4_rc1

i have put ivman in debug, here the output for cdrom :

Code:

Ikke's Volume Manager, http://ivman.sf.net
hal_interface.c:41 (hal_device_added) New Device: /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/block_CDROM

** (process:27865): WARNING **: manager.c/380: Couldn't get mount point of /dev/hdc

my /etc/ivman/IvmConfigMappings.xml

Code:

<ivm:Map device="/dev/hdc" maps="/dev/cdroms/cdrom0" />

my fstab

Code:

/dev/cdroms/cdrom0     /mnt/cdrom       iso9660         noauto,ro              0 0

(i have tried also with /dev/hdc in fstab, same problem)

now the ivman output for usb pen

Code:

hal_interface.c:41 (hal_device_added) New Device: /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_ea0_2168_200_-1_342EB84122F2FB8A
libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property block.device on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_ea0_2168_200_-1_342EB84122F2FB8A
libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property volume.mount_point on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_ea0_2168_200_-1_342EB84122F2FB8A
libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property volume.mount_point on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_ea0_2168_200_-1_342EB84122F2FB8A

** (process:27882): WARNING **: manager.c/380: Couldn't get mount point of (null)
libhal.c 1205 : Error sending msg: No property volume.is_mounted on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_ea0_2168_200_-1_342EB84122F2FB8A
hal_interface.c:41 (hal_device_added) New Device: /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_usb_device_ea0_2168_200_-1_342EB84122F2FB8A_0
libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property block.device on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_usb_device_ea0_2168_200_-1_342EB84122F2FB8A_0
libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property volume.mount_point on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_usb_device_ea0_2168_200_-1_342EB84122F2FB8A_0
libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property volume.mount_point on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_usb_device_ea0_2168_200_-1_342EB84122F2FB8A_0

** (process:27882): WARNING **: manager.c/380: Couldn't get mount point of (null)
libhal.c 1205 : Error sending msg: No property volume.is_mounted on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_usb_device_ea0_2168_200_-1_342EB84122F

can someone help me please ?

thanks

SPiRiT
rohan28
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spirit: please try ivman-0.4_rc2 (it was added to portage very recently). Also, you have to be careful that, if you have an 'exec' command with '%m' in it, or an 'execdvd' command with or without '%m', they should always be within a 'Match' option. This is because, due to delays with HAL, it can take a few seconds for the mount point to appear for Ivman, and so Ivman will always wait a few seconds for these rules. Adding a USB stick actually adds several devices to the system (the stick itself, the emulated SCSI disk, the volumes on the emulated SCSI disk...) and if you have an execdvd or an exec with %m rule which is applied on each of these devices, it could cause significant delays.

Also, just so you are aware, with 0.4_rc2, you want to run one instance of Ivman as root to handle mounting volumes, and another as non-root to handle video DVD / audio CD autoplay etc. Everything tends to work much better this way.

If problems persist, please post your entire IvmConfigActions.xml file.
-spirit-
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had tried ivman-0.4_rc2, same problem :(

my IvmConfigActions.xml is the default config file.

i can't see where is the problem :?
rohan28
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please post it anyway, just to be sure? From those log messages, it definitely looks like Ivman is trying to determine the mount point of every device, and with the default config file, this shouldn't be happening. Could you also please show the output of lshal for your usb pen and for your CD drive (with a CD in it)?
tsunam
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I guess I'll come for a bit of help as well. As has been said there's still some mehness to ejecting. However, I seem to have a problem with umounting itself.

For dvd's I can put a dvd in and eject it without playing it...however after playing it, it won't unmount and eject.

bash-2.05b# ivman
hal_interface.c:41 (hal_device_added) New Device: /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/block_DVDVolume
libhal.c 1205 : Error sending msg: No property volume.policy.should_mount on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/block_DVDVolume
IvmConfigActions.c:55 (parseIvmConfigActions) /dev/hdc appears to be mountable
manager.c:339 (ivm_media_changed) Attempting to mount /dev/hdc
manager.c:229 (ivm_run_command) Running: /bin/mount /dev/hdc
manager.c:480 (ivm_unlock_device) Tray of /dev/hdc unlocked
hal_interface.c:140 (hal_property_modified) Mounted: /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/block_DVDVolume
hal_interface.c:155 (hal_property_modified) Devices table has 1 entries
hal_interface.c:233 (print_device) "/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/block_DVDVolume" "/media/dvdrom"
manager.c:480 (ivm_unlock_device) Tray of /dev/hdc unlocked
hal_interface.c:207 (hal_device_condition) /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/block_DVDVolume received VolumeMount but no action taken

obiviously it gets mounted properly, however i have to manually umount it after watching and then ivman can't and or won't mount anything after that point. Even if its restarted.

Versioning info
sys-apps/hal Latest version installed: 0.4.2-r1
sys-apps/dbus Latest version installed: 0.22-r1
sys-apps/ivman Latest version installed: 0.4_rc1

Yes i'm currently upgrading to rc2 however I've noticed this since upgrading beyond the .2 version. So not sure whats going on but if you want more output please let me know.
rohan28
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tsunam: The problem with ejecting video DVDs after playing them seems to be entirely the fault of the DVD player software. They seem to lock the drive when they start playing, but not unlock it when done. Incredibly annoying, wouldn't you say? I've experienced the same problem...

I'm surprised that manually unmounting a device screws Ivman up. Have you tried just using the 'eject' command without unmounting first? This is what I've been doing, and Ivman seems to handle this fine (you might need to eject as root though, it's good to set it up to be sudo'ed). I actually bound this to a keyboard shortcut (using KHotKeys) because it annoys me so much.

Of course, even if this work-around does work, Ivman still shouldn't be screwed up by manually unmounting things, so I'll check it out :-) The fact that Ivman won't mount stuff even after being restarted suggests that the bug is at a lower level (although it may still be triggered by Ivman doing something weird). Anyway, I'll try to get to the bottom of it. (by the way, you're almost certainly right and this bug will not be fixed in 0.4_rc2...)
tsunam
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rohan28: thanks for the help. Using eject does allow ivman to continue to run afterwords...so thank you for that fix. Hopefully its not something caused by ivman. If you need help testing anything else since I've managed to find something strange once :) let me know. P.S. as thought r2 still has the same issue if i do the former process to eject dvds.
-spirit-
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rohan, here my IvmConfigActions.xml

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ivm:ActionsConfig version="0.2" xmlns:ivm="http://www.eikke.com/ivm">

<!-- syntax of this file:

<ivm:Match name="matchname" value="matchvalue">
             <ivm:Option name="optionname1" value="optionvalue1" />
             <ivm:Option name="optionname2" value="optionvalue2" />
         </ivm:Match>

Matches can be nested.  See the examples.

Not implemented yet, but it is planned that if the tag has property
         invert="true", then it will only match if the given name is NOT
         equal to the given value.

If a device matches multiple times and is given conflicting options,
         then the last options (closest to end of file) take precedence.
    -->

<!-- names for Match:   

ivm.mountable (true/false) - a volume which can be mounted by ivman
         ivm.videodvd (true/false) - a DVD which contains video
                       (NOT YET IMPLEMENTED)
         hal.anything (mixed) - the HAL property specified by 'anything'

The hal.anything match is very powerful; see the examples in this
         file for some things which can be done.  Use the output of 'lshal'
         to come up with properties to match for certain devices.
    -->

<!-- names for Option:
         mount (true/false) - mount the volume
         mountoption (string) - append the given mount option before mounting
         unlock (true/false) - unlock the tray (for CD/DVD drives etc)
         exec (string) - execute the given command
         execdvd (string) - execute the given command if the drive is a
              DVD drive
         execun (string) - execute the given command when unmounting device

For exec, execdvd and execun, %d and %m will be replaced with the device
    and its mount point respectively.

For autoplaying of CDs etc, it is recommended to put an entry in the
         file ~/.ivman/IvmConfigActions.xml and have that user run their
         own instance of Ivman (e.g. in ~/.kde/Autostart).

A single device can have multiple mountoption and exec
         options; for all others, only the option closest to the end of the
         file will be used.
    -->

<!-- unlock everything - harmless for devices without tray locking -->
    <ivm:Option name="unlock" value="true" /> 

<!-- try to mount any mountable volume at all -->
    <ivm:Match name="ivm.mountable" value="true">
        <ivm:Option name="mount" value="true" />

<!-- don't try to mount audio CDs -->
    <ivm:Match name="hal.volume.disc.has_audio" value="true">
        <ivm:Match name="hal.volume.disc.has_data" value="false">
       <ivm:Option name="mount" value="false" />

<!-- mount some non-Linux filesystems read/write for everyone in group 'users' -->
    <ivm:Match name="hal.volume.fstype" value="vfat">
        <ivm:Option name="mountoption" value="umask=0007" />
        <ivm:Option name="mountoption" value="gid=100" />
    <ivm:Match name="hal.volume.fstype" value="ntfs">
    <ivm:Match name="hal.volume.fstype" value="npfs">
    <!-- for currently unknown reasons, DVDs don't work properly with the below
         options uncommented -->
    <!--
    <ivm:Match name="hal.volume.fstype" value="udf">
    -->

<!-- example - mount volume with UUID 4170-DC9F accessible only for
         user with UID 1000 -->
    <!--
    <ivm:Match name="hal.volume.uuid" value="4170-DC9F">
        <ivm:Option name="mountoption" value="umask=0077" />
        <ivm:Option name="mountoption" value="uid=1000" />
    -->

<!-- example - don't mount /dev/camera -->
    <!--
    <ivm:Match name="hal.block.device" value="/dev/camera">
    -->

<!-- example - log whenever someone mounts or unmounts a device -->
    <!--
    <ivm:Match name="ivm.mountable" value="true">
        <ivm:Option name="exec" value="echo %d mounted at `date` >> /tmp/mounts" />
        <ivm:Option name="execun" value="echo %d unmounted at `date` >> /tmp/mounts" />
    -->

</ivm:ActionsConfig>   
rohan28
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spirit: OK, so it's definitely just the default. No problems there. And you are able to mount a CD manually with no trouble?

Well, try inserting a CD without Ivman running, do not mount it, then run 'lshal' and post the relevant output. There should be two relevant device entries, each with block.device = '/dev/hdc'.
jwc
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,
thanks for this great utility! It already works fine for mounting my CDs. But I have this problem with my usb stick:

hal_interface.c:41 (hal_device_added) New Device: /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_5dc_300_1_-1_0A4EDA100801080
libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property block.device on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_5dc_300_1_-1_0A4EDA100801080
libhal.c 1205 : Error sending msg: No property volume.policy.should_mount on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_5dc_300_1_-1_0A4EDA100801080
libhal.c 1205 : Error sending msg: No property block.is_volume on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_5dc_300_1_-1_0A4EDA100801080
IvmConfigActions.c:58 (parseIvmConfigActions) (null) does not appear to be mountable
libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property block.device on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_5dc_300_1_-1_0A4EDA100801080
hal_interface.c:41 (hal_device_added) New Device: /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_usb_device_5dc_300_1_-1_0A4EDA100801080_0
libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property block.device on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_usb_device_5dc_300_1_-1_0A4EDA100801080_0
libhal.c 1205 : Error sending msg: No property volume.policy.should_mount on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_usb_device_5dc_300_1_-1_0A4EDA100801080_0
libhal.c 1205 : Error sending msg: No property block.is_volume on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_usb_device_5dc_300_1_-1_0A4EDA100801080_0
IvmConfigActions.c:58 (parseIvmConfigActions) (null) does not appear to be mountable
libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property block.device on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_usb_device_5dc_300_1_-1_0A4EDA100801080_0
hal_interface.c:41 (hal_device_added) New Device: /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/scsi_host_5
libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property block.device on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/scsi_host_5
libhal.c 1205 : Error sending msg: No property volume.policy.should_mount on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/scsi_host_5
libhal.c 1205 : Error sending msg: No property block.is_volume on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/scsi_host_5
libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property block.device on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/scsi_host_5

hal_interface.c:41 (hal_device_added) New Device: /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/scsi_5_0_0_0
libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property block.device on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/scsi_5_0_0_0
libhal.c 1205 : Error sending msg: No property volume.policy.should_mount on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/scsi_5_0_0_0
libhal.c 1205 : Error sending msg: No property block.is_volume on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/scsi_5_0_0_0
libhal.c 911 : Error sending msg: No property block.device on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/scsi_5_0_0_0

I'm using the default ivmconfigactions.xml, ivman-0.4-rc2, dbus 0.22-r3, hal 0.4.2-r1, udev 046 (050 didn't work too).
It seems to me that I need to tell hal/ivman that my usbstick is mountable? Btw, it's the same with my usb cardreader...

Perhaps someone around here can help me?
Thanks,

Joost
rohan28
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwc: Please post the output of the command 'lshal' when your USB device is plugged in. When you plug in a USB stick, there are actually many devices which get added to the system; there's the raw USB device, a virtual SCSI interface (because USB drives use SCSI emulation), and then the emulated SCSI drive and the volumes on it, which is what you actually want to mount. The 'not mountable' messages you are seeing are directed towards the raw USB device and the SCSI interface, which is correct, because they are not mountable. (OK, so I'm putting it on my TODO list to change the code a bit to get rid of all these redundant warnings...)

If the volume on the USB stick appears as, eg, /dev/sda1, then look for a device entry in the output of 'lshal' where block.device='dev/sda1'. It should be named something like /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/block_41D0-3F34 (where 41D0-3F34 is the volume's uuid). If there is no such entry, something is wrong with HAL or an underlying system (on a related note, I have actually only tested Ivman with udev 045); otherwise, something is wrong with Ivman and we'll have to investigate more :-(

Also, just to be sure... you're running Ivman as root, right? The default config when running as non-root is to not mount anything. Hey, maybe a man page for Ivman would be a good idea :-)
jwc
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
thanks for your help!

Perhaps first of all relevant parts of my dmesg:

usb 3-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
usb 3-1: not running at top speed; connect to a high speed hub
Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
scsi0 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
usbcore: registered new driver usb-storage
USB Mass Storage support registered.
usb-storage: device found at 2
usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
Vendor: LEXAR Model: GEYSER JUMPDRIVE Rev: 1.00
Type: Direct-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 01 CCS
usb-storage: device scan complete
SCSI device sda: 503808 512-byte hdwr sectors (258 MB)
sda: assuming Write Enabled
sda: assuming drive cache: write through
sda: sda1
Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0

Now the lshal stuff in fact doesnt't give me an entry for /dev/sda(1). If you wan't, hve a look for your self: http://www.wfeld.de/kde/hal.txt . I'll probably donwgrade udev to 045 and remove all old config stuff from /etc/udev/*.

Will probably be away all day,
bye,

Joost
jwc
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
thanks for your help!

Perhaps first of all relevant parts of my dmesg:

usb 3-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
usb 3-1: not running at top speed; connect to a high speed hub
Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
scsi0 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
usbcore: registered new driver usb-storage
USB Mass Storage support registered.
usb-storage: device found at 2
usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
Vendor: LEXAR Model: GEYSER JUMPDRIVE Rev: 1.00
Type: Direct-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 01 CCS
usb-storage: device scan complete
sda: sda1
Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0

Now the lshal stuff in fact doesnt't give me an entry for /dev/sda(1). If you wan't, hve a look for your self: http://www.wfeld.de/kde/hal.txt . I'll probably donwgrade udev to 045 and remove all old config stuff from /etc/udev/*.

Will probably be away all day,
bye,

Joost
jwc
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS: Kernel 2.6.10 (vanilla)

Joost
jwc
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Works now Reply with quote

Allright, sorry for wasting your time. Looks like my problem lies somewhere else. The note in dmesg on my usb stick only running full speed (and not high speed (USB 2.0)) made me suspicious and I rebooted without any usb-devices connected and tada! LEXAR_MEDIA got mounted. I suspect it's an issue with either my usb controller getting overloaded or the kernel usb-driver. I'll probably try some externally powered hubs if I get any somewhere.

Next problem is I plugged the stick and it didn't get umounted, but I'll have a look into it on my own first...

Bye, Joost
-spirit-
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rohan :

# lshal | grep /dev/hdc
lshal version 0.4.2
block.device = '/dev/hdc' (string)

:(

only one /dev/hdc

i thinks i 'll use submount until the next version of ivman....
rohan28
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-spirit-: you might want to make that, "i thinks i 'll use submount until the next version of hal...." :-) If your CD drive is /dev/hdc and you're only getting one HAL entry with block.device='/dev/hdc' when a CD is in the drive, it's a problem with HAL (or something below HAL). Actually, it'd be really nice to get a stable, working version of HAL, the current version seems to have quite a few bugs and inconsistencies across platforms :-(
-spirit-
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was without cdrom in.

with cdrom in i get two hdc

lshal | grep /dev/hdc
lshal version 0.4.2

Code:

udi = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/block_CDROM'
  info.udi = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/block_CDROM'  (string)
  volume.disc.is_rewritable = false  (bool)
  volume.disc.is_appendable = false  (bool)
  volume.disc.is_blank = false  (bool)
  volume.disc.has_data = true  (bool)
  volume.disc.has_audio = false  (bool)
  volume.disc.type = 'cd_rom'  (string)
  volume.size = 4782080  (0x48f800)  (uint64)
  volume.block_size = 2048  (0x800)  (int)
  volume.num_blocks = 9340  (0x247c)  (int)
  volume.is_disc = true  (bool)
  volume.is_mounted = false  (bool)
  volume.mount_point = ''  (string)
  volume.label = 'CDROM'  (string)
  volume.uuid = ''  (string)
  volume.fsversion = ''  (string)
  volume.fsusage = 'filesystem'  (string)
  volume.fstype = 'iso9660'  (string)
  info.product = 'CDROM'  (string)
  info.parent = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/block_22_0'  (string)
  info.category = 'volume'  (string)
  info.capabilities = 'block volume'  (string)
  info.bus = 'block'  (string)
  block.no_partitions = true  (bool)
  block.have_scanned = false  (bool)
  block.is_volume = true  (bool)
  block.device = '/dev/hdc'  (string)
  block.major = 22  (0x16)  (int)
  block.minor = 0  (0x0)  (int)
  block.storage_device = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/block_22_0'  (string)

and

Code:

udi = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/block_22_0'
  volume.is_partition = false  (bool)
  storage.policy.desired_mount_point = 'cdrom'  (string)
  storage.policy.mount_filesystem = 'auto'  (string)
  storage.policy.should_mount = true  (bool)
  info.udi = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/block_22_0'  (string)
  storage.requires_eject = true  (bool)
  storage.hotpluggable = false  (bool)
  storage.cdrom.write_speed = 0  (0x0)  (int)
  storage.cdrom.read_speed = 8467  (0x2113)  (int)
  storage.cdrom.support_media_changed = true  (bool)
  storage.cdrom.dvdplusrw = false  (bool)
  storage.cdrom.dvdplusr = false  (bool)
  storage.cdrom.dvdram = false  (bool)
  storage.cdrom.dvdrw = false  (bool)
  storage.cdrom.dvdr = false  (bool)
  storage.cdrom.dvd = true  (bool)
  storage.cdrom.cdrw = false  (bool)
  storage.cdrom.cdr = false  (bool)
  storage.removable = true  (bool)
  storage.firmware_version = 'DSR2'  (string)
  info.product = 'DVD-ROM DVD-16X6S'  (string)
  storage.drive_type = 'cdrom'  (string)
  block.storage_device = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/block_22_0'  (string)
  storage.physical_device = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/ide_1_0'  (string)
  storage.vendor = ''  (string)
  storage.model = 'DVD-ROM DVD-16X6S'  (string)
  storage.automount_enabled_hint = true  (bool)
  storage.no_partitions_hint = true  (bool)
  storage.media_check_enabled = true  (bool)
  storage.bus = 'ide'  (string)
  block.minor = 0  (0x0)  (int)
  block.major = 22  (0x16)  (int)
  info.capabilities = 'block storage.cdrom storage'  (string)
  info.category = 'storage'  (string)
  info.parent = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/ide_1_0'  (string)
  block.device = '/dev/hdc'  (string)
  block.is_volume = false  (bool)
  block.have_scanned = true  (bool)
  block.no_partitions = true  (bool)
  linux.sysfs_path_device = '/sys/block/hdc'  (string)
  linux.sysfs_path = '/sys/block/hdc'  (string)
  info.bus = 'block'  (string)
rohan28
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-spirit-: Hmm, OK. Now I am not sure what is going on. Even if Ivman can't mount your CD, it should be giving more debug messages than what was in your output. You are running Ivman as root, right...?
Devport
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any plans to support MMC readers ?

As of version 2.6.10 the linux kernel supports MMC readers ( SD support being on the way ), device is /dev/mmcblk3p1 and I have such a card-reader in my Notebook and would like to have ivman automount inserted cards.
ChrisM87
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I hope, I'm right in this thread.

I just got ivman working, but my problem is that hald is spamming my kernel ring buffer (aka dmesg) with this message:
Quote:
uba: device 2 capacity nsec 0 bsize 512

This message appears about every second in the kernel log until I stop hald again.

I know that this is probably not a problem with ivman, but perhaps someone can help me here... ;)

ChrisM
Vagabond
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I prevent /boot from being automounted by Ivman?

Vag
firephoto
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vagabond wrote:
How do I prevent /boot from being automounted by Ivman?

Vag

I'm using this to keep /dev/hda1 from getting mounted to /boot all the time. There's probably another way to do it without using the volume id. This is in the /etc/ivman/IvmConfigActions.xml file. Just change the value= to whatever your uuid is for your boot partition.
Code:

<ivm:Match name="hal.volume.uuid" value="ed6eea03-9ea0-48b6-8967-6985198fbc9c">
rohan28
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vagabond, firephoto: Firephoto's rule will work, but there is indeed an easier way. Simply:
Code:

<ivm:Match name="hal.block.device" value="/dev/hda1">

...should work. Ideally, we could eventually have a rule that specifically specifies not to mount /boot, but HAL currently doesn't supply the mount point before mounting, so we'd have to read fstab to find out which volume gets mounted where. Certainly doable, but it is a low priority for me at the moment (but if someone else wants to code it... go for it :-))

ChrisM: Can't help you there, but the problem might not even be in HAL; the messages are generated by the kernel, so it might actually be a kernel bug which is merely triggered by HAL. Or it might not be a bug at all, maybe HAL is just doing some polling and you've got verbose USB debug messages on? I really have no idea... :-)

Devport: I'd certainly like to support MMC/SD cards :-) The question is, does HAL support them? Can you please run 'lshal' and see if there's any /dev/mmcblk3p1 mentioned anywhere? If there is, please post the HAL output for that device. If there's not, then we'll have to wait until HAL supports them (or alternatively bypass HAL for memory cards, but that will be messy and I don't want to do that). In any case, I would definitely like to support absolutely anything that can be mounted, but I don't have any MMC/SD readers, so development for them could be a little slow.
Devport
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rohan28 wrote:
Devport: I'd certainly like to support MMC/SD cards :-) The question is, does HAL support them? Can you please run 'lshal' and see if there's any /dev/mmcblk3p1 mentioned anywhere? If there is, please post the HAL output for that device. If there's not, then we'll have to wait until HAL supports them (or alternatively bypass HAL for memory cards, but that will be messy and I don't want to do that). In any case, I would definitely like to support absolutely anything that can be mounted, but I don't have any MMC/SD readers, so development for them could be a little slow.

No, as it seems the device is not ( yet ) supported by HAL. I will investigate to find out what I can do to get that device supported by HAL.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 17 of 29

Jump to: