Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Changing color of KMail selection "bar"?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carlos123
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Changing color of KMail selection "bar"? Reply with quote

A while back I figured out how to change the color of the KMail selection bar that highlights individual folder names for example as you move up and down with the arrow keys. But for the life of me I can't remember how I did it and there is no option within the using custom colors list of changeable colors to change this.

I know it can be done. Does anyone know how to do this?

As it is the highlight bar is a deep blue which causes the letters appearing inside this highlight bar to be hard to read. Fuzzy like.

I want to change it to something like light grey with black letters when the highlight bar is over the name of a folder or other letters.

Thanks.

Carlos
PowerFactor
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can set that globaly in the control center colors applet, it's the "selected background" color. Or you can configure it just for kmail in "Settings->Configure KMail->appearance->colors"
carlos123
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks PowerFactor. However there is nothing in the KMail "Settings -> Configure KMail -> Appearance -> Colors (tab)" that comes even close bo being a "selected background" option.

I guess I will have to do it globally. I had not thought of that. Perhaps that is how I did it before. I will try that.

Though there really should be some way to customize KMail individually in something so basic as the color of the selected background.

Carlos
PowerFactor
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlos123 wrote:
Thanks PowerFactor. However there is nothing in the KMail "Settings -> Configure KMail -> Appearance -> Colors (tab)" that comes even close bo being a "selected background" option.

Sorry, I had thought I saw one in there that was just slightly different wordingfro the same thing, but it's something else.

It does make sense to me that the only customizable colors in kmail would be the ones with no global equivalent.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: