Noise when recording
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anulith
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:20 am    Post subject: Noise when recording Reply with quote

I am checking out a Audacity and am trying to record from the microphone. When recording there is cracks and pops whenever sound is coming into the mic. If no sound is going into the mic then no pops and cracks. This is a problem with Audacity as well as Gnome Sound Recorder. If I boot into the "other OS" I have no such pops and cracks. I have tried muting all other channels besides the mic and gain. I have tried muting the gain but that results in no sound coming in :) Nothing I do seems to fix it. Anyone have any ideas? If you want a sample of what I'm talking about just say so and I'll post something. If you need any more info just ask. As always, thanks for the help.

Anulith
Mallow005
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean during playback or while you are recording and sending the output directly to the speakers/headphones?

If it's during playback, try running a high-pass filter over it or just using the envelope tool to compress the areas where it's clipping. If it's clipping even during the soft parts, try lowering the gain for the input as much as possible while still getting sound. Audactiy has a way of clipping prematurely for some reason as well, try exporting it to another format and then playback in another program to see if it still persists.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: