ntpd setting clock 1 hour behind.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prec
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: ntpd setting clock 1 hour behind. Reply with quote

Hello, I've been having trouble getting my clock to stay on time so I setup ntpd as described in the following post https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=124278&highlight=slow+clock.

ntpd runs just fine but my clock is set one hour behind. I'm using time servers from my state (PA) so I don't think timezone should be an issue. Perhaps it has something to do with daylight savings time. Any ideas on how to correct for this issue?

Thanks.

(Moderators, I initially posted this in the Documentation, tips, and tricks section by mistake. Sorry.)
Tazok
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timezone IS an issue. Does your /etc/localtime symlink point to the right file in /usr/share/zoneinfo ?

This is because you receive the time in UTC (Coordinated Universal Time), have a look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utc
prec
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tazok, I had previously had my /etc/localtime pointing to /usr/share/zoneinfo/EST , it is now set to /usr/share/zoneinfo/US/Eastern and it works fine. Thank you.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: