View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zut
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Keyboard and Mouse frozen in XFree (TWM) [IGNORE!] Reply with quote

Im a bit of a noob with Linux and especially with Gentoo. This is my first attepmt at installing Gentoo properly (previously was spoonfed with SuSE!), so please forgive me if I am unfamiliar with certain terms! :)

Ive done a stage2 install and that all went without a hitch (thanks to the excellent guide), but now Ive come to install a desktop environment and Ive got stuck.

Im using a Logitech PS/2 keyboard (with all the wierd multimedia buttons, does that change the necessary driver/protocol?) and a Logitech MX700 mouse on USB. They both worked fine in SuSE and in Knoppix, the keyboard has worked fine during the install, and the USB mouse is recognised under /dev/input/mouse (i think thats it!), but when I run startx to test it the keyboard and mouse are unresponsive, and furthermore I cannot switch the various LEDs on or off (capslock etc..) :?

The X log says something about 'keymap not recognised' or something... Ill boot to gentoo to post that in a sec... Ill post my XF86Config too...

Ive read some posts here that tempt me to say its the mouse's fault, but I cant work out what Im doing wrong. Im using the IMPS/2 mouse protocol, and I enabled all the USB HID stuff in the kernel. Can you suggest anything else I could try.

Thanks very much :)
George
Zut
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! :D Forget that I just fixed it now!!!

I put device="/dev/mouse" rather than "/dev/input/mouse0"! :oops:

I feel like a fool now :D
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from Installing Gentoo.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: