Cedega Joystick configuration HELL!!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tristure
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Cedega Joystick configuration HELL!! Reply with quote

Hi!

Well, I think the title tells everything... I purchased cedega, and I'm currently trying to get the goddamn joystick to work, with very limited success so far... So I'll post what I've done, what ever information I think is relevant, and if anybody has experienced similar situations, or has any idea, well, he's wlecome! :lol:

I searched in the forums here and found no useful tip, I tried to use the Transgaming Forums but it seems that there is a post every month or so in those...

So, for the basics :
My joystick is a Logitech WingMan RumblePad (USB)
I use Gentoo with 2.6.5 gentoo-dev-sources, I followed the joystick setup howto I found in the Gentoo forums (modules in the kernel, emerge libjsw, calibrate joystick.......)

I know my joystick works : jscalibrator shows that everything is OK, and I can play any game in Zsnes without any problem. Good start.

Now I installed some games in cedega (Morrowind, GTA Vice City, Colin Mc Rae 2), and while everything seems to work all right for these games, the joystick seems to run mad.

In GTA Vice City, it makes the camera spin endlessly around the character. As there is no way I can disable Joystick, the game is fairly unplayable although it works...

In Morrowind, if I turn joystick control on, same issue : the camera spins around and around, making the game unplayable. Well, there is no real interest in playing Morrowind with a js anyway, so it doesn't really matter, ;-) but it shows that the problem is not GTA VC related...

Same issue with Colin McRae when I try to configure my joystick, the input the program gets seems totally borked.

jscalibrator shows no abnormal joystick activity, so I wonder what's going on!

I tried to modify the JS configuration in the various cedega / point2play configuration files I could find and nothing seems to work. I tried to set the axis lists to "none none ... none", to see if it could stop the programs getting this weird input, didn't work either...

Besides, even if I comment the joystick lines in the configuration files, if I run point2play, it seems to generate new joystick lines without my consent!!

I'm totally lost, and I must admit that cedega's documentation on this point really sucks.

Now if any of you has a clue about this, if you have the same device and encounter the same problems, or if you succeeded in setting you js up in cedega, don't hesitate to post!

Oh, and please, by all means, do not turn this thread in a "rant against evil transgaming" or "ahah poor sucker bought this shitty program, I always knew that cedega sucked" thread. I know why many people loathe TG, and understand their reasons, but I did purchase the program, because it suited me, and I do appreciate the significant results it gave me. So let's stick to the subject, plz, and if you feel like bashing TG, I'll be happy to argue this point with you... in another thread!! :wink:

Thanks a lot for your help!!
chris.c.hogan
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Cedega Joystick configuration HELL!! Reply with quote

Did you ever find a solution? I'm trying to get Morrowind to work. I'm having the same problem with my Logitech WingMan Cordless Gamepad. I'm emerging Wine as I type this to see if it works under Wine. I'll let you know if it does...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: