View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
huga
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: nautlius problems Reply with quote

Sometimes when I've worked with my computer for a while, nautilus won't start anylonger.. it just sits there. I've found that if I log out and remove the dirs in /tmp that has my username in them, it'll start working the next time I log in. (nautilus 2.6.0)
this i very irritating.. and I have no idea what's causing it, it seems pretty random to me.

has anyone else had similar problems?
pjv
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you can run nautilus from console once to see the errors it gives. Otherwise submit a bug report, I guess.
huga
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, I tried that, but there's no output, it just sits there.. maybe I should submit a bug report..
jourbans
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wouldn't happen by chance to be running ntpd or ntp-client at startup, would you?

I've been having problems with nautilus as well, it randomally deciding to just hang when I try to launch nautilus. It happens intermittently on all 3 of my computers (all using xorg and gnome 2.6). I did an strace which showed an abnormal exit just after a gettimeofday call. A quick google ran me across a thread that mentioned something about X not responding to that call if the system time was changed while X was loading or something like that. Since this problem has arisen since the time I started syncing my computers using ntpd, I thought they might be related...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: