Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
problems using .maildir with thunderbird... and even more...
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zaiyon
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: problems using .maildir with thunderbird... and even more... Reply with quote

Hi, there are possibly many solutions for my probleme in this forum, but I don't quite get any of those that should work for me, I'll tell you what my problem is:

I'm running mutt with ssmtp, getmail and procmail, works perfectly for me using .maildir, just ran into BIG problems trying to configure thunderbird to use .maildir too...
so I have to convert thunderbirds mbox to a regular maildir using for example mb2md?

is ~/.thunderbird/$user/ the "mbox"
sorry, I'm into mailing just some weeks, and am happy that it worked out so great til now,
it's very confusing and I read a lot of stuff not taking me any further cause it's not the thing I'm trying to do, I'm just running these services to get my pop3 mail from a server online, because I really hate the providers webmail and also am not lucky with only a X-mail client.

Just one more problem:
can I tell ssmtp to use a previous specified user and password? right now because of the smtp_auth_login I can't use mailutils or mailx at all....

PS:
one question, do I really have to save the password for my pop server plain text in getmailrc? It's only readable for my own user so it shouldn't be dangerous, but isn't there a better possibility? (except kwallet ;D)

could anybody try to give me some for-real-stupid-ones-help? ;)
thx in advance
grimm26
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get around trying to get an email client to understand maildir by running an imap server and just connecting to that. I use courier-imap and it works fine.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: