Helix Player 1.0 and Real Player 10 PPC
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DiskBreaker
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: Helix Player 1.0 and Real Player 10 PPC Reply with quote

Preliminary releases of Helix Player 1.0 and Real Player 10 for PPC have been made available. The installers run just fine, can install in a custom directory and make symlinks in /usr/bin.

Get them while they are fresh at:
https://player.helixcommunity.org/2004/downloads/

Incidentally, the only thing that does not work in Real 10 PPC is the integrated Flash plugin... so you will have to remove that for the app to start properly. So, still no Flash on PPC, not even with RealPlayer :evil:
jaspal kallar
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I been using the real player 10 beta for about two weeks. I tried to compile from source but not success. I submitted a bug. I ended up installing the binary and removing the offending flash plugins.

I was wondring if you can get the realplayer to integrate with mozilla as plugin. When I try it gets stuck and takes up 99% processor load and I have to kill the real player process. A little more reserach showed that gcc 3.3 and mozilla and realplayer don't play good together. I think this is known issue.

I wonder if anybody has experienced trouble accessing the menu bar item whilst the real player 10 is playing streamimg audio (such as http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/live/surestream.rpm) ? There seems to be a lag of around 3 to 4 seconds. I again have submitted a bug where the developers say they can probably fix this.

I have also noticed sometimes whilst playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/live/surestream.rpm that the real player 10 hangs and the cpu load goes to 99% and I have to manually kill it and just now the realplayer 10 seg faulted on the above live streaming audio. So there are bugs with it and it is considered experimental.

Anyway my experiences so far. I was wondering if anybody had some URL'S pointing to other real video/audio that I could try to see if I get similar problems as I have experienced so far ?

BTW I have kernel 2.6.7 SMP on powermac G5.
Hydraulix
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there going to be a ebuild for this? And also where's the guide for making ebuilds? I woudn't mind spending an afternoon making one.:D
pussi
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hydraulix wrote:
Is there going to be a ebuild for this? And also where's the guide for making ebuilds? I woudn't mind spending an afternoon making one.:D

Ebuild HOWTO :)
Hydraulix
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well instead I made a How to. :D

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=263027
Massimo B.
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there an ebuild for PPC available yet?
I found realplayer, realone and helixplayer. But none of them even has a ~ppc keyword.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: