View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tuleyjm
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Xinerama & ATI M7 (IBM ThinkPad R40) Reply with quote

Hello,

I realize that this is probably somewhat of an unusual question (a search of the forums for "ati radeon m7 xinerama" turned up negatvie). Everyone around here seems to be trying to get openGL working -- but xinerama and drm/dri can't work at the same time (according to the howto's I've read), and I'd be more interested in having the dual-screen setup.

I set the xinerama USE flag during initial installation, so x and the window managers are compiled with it. Then I followed the Xinerama HOWTO (http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Xinerama-HOWTO/) However, when I try to enable it and connect a monitor to my laptop's vga-out, the second screen does not display another desktop, but instead just tries to mirror the internal display. And it even does that badly -- the screen is sort of wrapped (the top of the screen is about 10% up from the bottom, and there's a gap between the displaced bottom and displaced top of the screen). The internal lcd is running at 1400x1050, and the external monitor I have is an IBM LCD at 1024x768, but xinerama is supposed to be able to handle this.

I've talked to several friends who dual-head their (Gentoo) desktops, but nothing they've suggested has seemed to work. does anyone have any experience or ideas?

Thanks!
ndrake
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Ever get this working? I'm trying to do a similar thing witha Dell Inspiron at 1600x1200 and an external Samsung at 1024x768.

I get the same problem you do.

Thanks!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: