Fasttrack sx-6000 raid controller - cant get it to work
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GentooStarter
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Fasttrack sx-6000 raid controller - cant get it to work Reply with quote

I recently converted my server from windows 2000 to gentoo. I must i'm quite happy with my decission.

However, my server contains a Fasttrack sx-6000 IDE raid controller with 6 HD's in a riad-5 setup. The array is used as storage only, i do not have to boot from it, i use a riad-1 software raid set on the mobo controllers for that.

And whatever i try i cannot get it to work. I tried compiling I2O into the 2.6 kernel which makes my system hang during bootup.

I tried compiling the drivers on the promise website but they are only for Kernel 2.4 and refuse to compile.

I tried compiling a new 2.4 kernel with the promise drivers but for some reason my raid-1 /root drive isnt working anymore while i'm sure the raid options are compiled into the kernel. Same result while compiling the new ATA raid options into the 2.4 kernel.

i dont really care if i run 2.4 or 2.6 as long as i can use my 500Gb storage set.

Help !
coopere
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my sx-6000 only works with i2o support compiled into the kernel and only with a 2.4 kernel
but it does work
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: