Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Windows not displaying right with bigdesktop!!! HELP!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gd96
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Windows not displaying right with bigdesktop!!! HELP! Reply with quote

Ok , I need someones help cause this is driving me crazy.. I have my ati 9800 pro set up right..everything works..things are accelerated, I can set it to 2 screens (2 x servers) or to big desktop no problem...however.. When I am in big desktop mode( which I would prefer to be in) everything seems fine unti lI try to run something like ..glxgears. It will load up and start but only 1/4 of the display will be visiable in the running window!

In other words 3/4 of what should be there is actually out side the screen(window). This happens in games as well. Lets say I run neverwinter nights...same thing! I get 1/4 of the screen in a window(that how I had it set) and 3/4 of it right outside the visible area.

Is there any way that I could fix this? This is very very annoying and is preventing me from using big desktop which I would love to use, because when I run in 2 xwindows mode I can not run certain programs in one of the screen because it will crash X.. fo rexample oppen office will run fine on one screen and kill the X server on the other(smae with most games)

HELP!!!!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: